1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal income tax 2017

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by Gor Blimey Guvnur!, 29 Nov 2016.

1. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

I found this link which I thought may be helpful as a guide to what you owe the tax man next year. It also offers the figure as an employee with no other income being 25,833 baht per month or less as no tax payable would be due. (from cabinet meeting 19th April 2016)

New Thai personal income tax structure - Mazars - Thailand

As a sideline from this next article, and I can find no other info thus unsure, is it possible to claim for your domestic holidays in Thailand to offset personal income tax even further by hotel reciepts etc. ? Or is it just for visiting tourists as a tax back thing on goods bought? Be nice if you can but to be honest not sure and never heard of such a thing before (article dated today). Any views on the matter?

Cabinet endorses 15,000 baht tax deductible for tourism purpose |

Cheers GBG :cheers

Last edited: 29 Nov 2016
    bahn_farang, Buoyant and sirchai like this.
  2. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Cheers GBG -:cheers ( liver transplants will be more expensive in 2017, hopefully, they'll give us a healthy one and not a piggish one.)

3. Buoyant

Buoyant Member

This applies only after the end of 2017? Not this January?

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

Yes, it seems so re-reading the clauses ....so sorry for any misleading (but please read for yourself) and thus your tax bill due in 2018 for 2017 tax year.

Oh, on that secondary question, found this:
    Thailand Domestic Travel Tax Allowance - SHERRINGS

So yes, you can claim under personal income tax and for this tax year (2016) too. However, and it's too late near midnight, there are 'rules and conditions' as to how to claim successfully in web article above. I will look into this further (or someone else here) as you could save, as far as I can make out, up to 3,000 baht off your tax bill (10% (e.g as a top bracket for most teachers) of total expenditure at 30,000 baht ...the existing 15k plus 15k ammended today) ....worth a look eh !

Buoyant likes this.
  5. Ajarn P. Paul

Ajarn P. Paul มันเป็นวันที่น่าเศร้าในวันนี้ในประเทศไทย ...

bahn_farang likes this.
  6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member