1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our New Dog, Somchai.

Discussion in 'Pets: Our Best Companions' started by po3try, 24 Dec 2011.

1. po3try

po3try Thread Starter Guest

guarding the house..

[​IMG]

eating like usual...

[​IMG]

2. Makaveli

Makaveli aka 2Pac Staff Member

I guess 'red' in the new 'blue' ..lol...
    Nice pics po

3. r.a.s.n

r.a.s.n New Member

Hey, lovely dog! We also have a pug, named Pompey, after the favorite dog of Prince Willem of Holland (husband is dutch). He made the pug popular in Europe, and actually introduced them to England (he was the reigning king or prince there a while, I think).

Pugs are fantastically lovely dogs. They have such a great personality. I don't know what you're feeding Somchai, from day 1 we've been feeding Pompey a totally natural diet of cooked meat and vegetables - broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, beans, etc. Pugs have a tendency to gain weight, and being that they're already brachycephalic (short nose) dogs, it can cause more breathing problems for the poor things.

Have you tried any training? They are INCREDIBLY food motivated and will do just about anything for food. We have been training Pompey for search and rescue with Thai Rescue Dog Association. There is one golden retriever who is certified at the moment, but the group has some others training. Pompey is the absolute best one by far. We're actually going to have him take the IRO (international rescue organization) test this November. If he passes, he will officially be the world's first search and rescue pug! IMG_1556.jpeg And yes, his tongue ALWAYS hangs out like that. But he doesn't mind, so neither do we. :smile2:

Does Somchai have any allergies? Pompey does. You know if he gets bumps on his skin that make his fur stand up. He might also itch his face a lot over his arm. So glad to hear he's ok after getting him from JJ. Seriously those people there should be executed for what they do to those animals.

We just adopted a dog who was dumped in the street a year ago who turned out to be a beautiful pure bred bearded collie! photo (5).jpg

IMG_1556.jpeg

photo (5).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  4. po3try

i'm glad you mentioned it.... 'cos i was trying to work out if itr was a rick of the camera or really his tongue! :hilarious:

special pug biscuits and some meat. he gets real human meat sometimes too. uh i mean meat that we eat rather than an actual human.

som sounds like a pig half the time. snorting everywhere. :celebrate: .

does yours shed much hair? our lovely sofa is a mess from his hair.. :attack:

good luck on the rescue exams!

5. po3try

nice. I want another dog to keep Som company but the wife flicks between dubious and thinking i'm joking. Do they get along well? I'd like something different to a pug but nothing too.. yappy.

6. dave123

dave123 Smurf Diver

You can have my ex wife :smile2:

Ah, she never shut up, so no good then :smile2:

7. po3try

this dog is a twat :celebrate:

557725_10151898416355265_205457043_n.jpg

557725_10151898416355265_205457043_n.jpg

8. po3try

I got home today and he was sick. Took him for a walk and he seemed OK but when I woke up from a nap he was limping. Apparently he has quite a bad virus that is goin' around dogs at the moment. and the leg thing was from jumping off the sofa or something. We took him to the 24hour pet hospital on Srinakarin, same place as the hotel. and they were really nice. 2 cans of medicine meat, 1 x-ray, 1 injection, 1 new collar and 2000bht later we are back home.

just glad my boy is ok :smile2:

9. Makaveli

How's he doing today po?

10. po3try

he's better.

although today bought more drama...

I got home and found Somchai with with his face so swelled he could hardly see. I drove like a Thai to the vets where he got some shots and we had to wait for the swelling to go down.

the vet thinks it was either a toad/frog or a chemical on our moo baan field.

what he's meant to look like..

314219_4508366908983_1378115419_n.jpg

what he looked like (after the shot, i wasn't really in the mood to take pics before..)

424753_4512942863379_1594548063_n.jpg

314219_4508366908983_1378115419_n.jpg

424753_4512942863379_1594548063_n.jpg

11. theanimaster

theanimaster Windoze Basher

Over at Change.org there's a petition someone launched regarding the JJ market 'pet shops': http://www.change.org/th/?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12115&alert_id=FcfsGruURw_DlgTrzYnje

Apparently (and I don't think this is news to you guys) these poor animals live in appalling and horrendous conditions. You're lucky your little Somchai was one of the lucky ones.

Still... I wonder how they breed these dogs. Obviously you wouldn't expect a pure bred. Most probably inbreeds. Took me a while to figure out the difference ~!!

12. Makaveli

How's the little dog doing po?

13. Bobby3

Bobby3 New Member

nice looking dog mate:thumbsup2:

14. po3try

Yeah, after we bought him we took him straight to a vet. They think they had been putting redbull in with his food to make him happy and playful for the customers.

We're gonna try breeding from him with my sister-in-laws pug.

15. po3try

eating me out of house and home. just me and him during the school holidays cos the wife works so we're pretty bored of each other right now. :hilarious: