1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures Oriental Eve

Discussion in 'Wining & Dining in Thailand' started by SageAdvice, 25 Dec 2016.

1. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

set menu lol

2. gungchang

gungchang Over the hill for at least the 6th time!

As long as we're digressing . . .

One thing I miss about Bangkok (other than the Peninsula and Oriental hotels) is that I don't need a VPN and can use Linux over 99% if the time. I run Windows in a virtual machine to unlock my encrypted hard drive in Bangkok and that's about it.

Here, I use it about half the time, like now.

Microsoft really lost me when they started updating and upgrading whether people want to or not. There was precious little I loathed more than the blue screen of "don't turn off your computer" right as I was about to use it in class. Having the update leave a black screen on the computer instead of the Windows desktop was the ultimate pain. If anybody suffers a similar fate, I used the "reset your computer" option to restore Windows for one session, and then reinstall it from a flash drive while within Windows.

I'm so grateful I've gotten the dual boots working on these two local computers.

Back to Xmas din din, did you actually eat all of that food?

sirchai and DavidUSA like this.
  3. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

But Windows 10 Pro isn't that bad, looking at your Avatar it seems to work well after all the problems were fixed. All my machines also the ones at school are genuine, including MS Office 2016 and are fast as racehorses.

It's Christmas and I think we should help the guy who spends all his money for some food not everybody would eat. It's understandable that he can't buy a genuine version of W 10 Pro.

I thought about a facebook page, hmm let's call it W 10 for a poor gourmet from Novosibirsk................donations are welcome.

I'll post the farcebook link ASAP. Enjoy your lessons tomorrow.

4. gungchang

gungchang Over the hill for at least the 6th time!

What lessons? My duties for the term have been discharged.

I am on break.