1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One last attempt to get ripped

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Clown, 18 Jun 2016.

1. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

Wise words. I think this thing about not overdoing it is absolutely critical once you reach a certain age. Obviously recovery rates slow down so it is a question of pacing yourself and working with what's comfortable for you. Thanks for this.

2. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

The last time I saw my dad was in 2011. When he came he weighed about 130 (he's 5' 7 - so, no not tall). As far back as I can remember he had been about 180. When I asked him about it, he said he lost the weight 2 years prior because the doctor told him he would feel better if he exercised. he joined a gym (the only one in his podunk town) and got to going 6 days a week for 2 hours a day. He's over 80 now, and I am sure he has stopped (or slowed down) but the weight remains off.

It is never too late to get 'ripped'.

Clown likes this.
  3. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

It's the body fat % which is the cause for worry, not the weight itself.

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I should really shut up and do my exercises instead of just writing about them. I stopped after only a few days and found out that I couldn’t even do 20 push-ups anymore.

Weird is that I know how it works and that it’s fun after a while to do something for the body. A better blood circulation also means better sex.

I finally quit drinking beer, (of course also any other alcohol) as I’m on a real strange medication. Right know I’m on 3 x 30 mg of morphine/day to fight the pain in my artificial knee joint, prescribed by doctors from the local government hospital.

I also came to the decision that I always wrote some very stupid posts when having morphine and alcohol in my blood circulation. That on the other hand made me smoke more cigarettes and I smoke about 20 -25 a day.

After eleven months, I already know that I’m addicted and couldn’t just stop taking it. I just had a chat with my wife and she also told me how weird I am under the influence of alcohol, even if it’s only two beers.

I always say that I start tomorrow and freaking tomorrow never comes. But now, being sober without alcohol, I do have a much better function brain and I hope I Can start ASAP> ( like a Pussy !!!)

But I'll stop whining now and actually do something. How is your training going? Are you still doing it, or did you also find an easy excuse for not doing it anymore?

BTW< sorry for my stupid posts I wrote when I had some alcohol and my drugs. It’s really true that alcohol makes aggressive and I could see that not just in my posts. My wife told me things I couldn’t even remember.

I swear, I’ll start tomorrow morning and try some sit ups and push-ups, then more and more from week to week.

When I look into a mirror I get a very strange image of my body and I was never planning to have tits.

I prefer my wife's........

That will have an end now, I’m trying to make some photos now and then in a few months. The worst is to lie to yourself, right?

Have a great weekend.

5. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

"Gymnasium" is a word in German for a high school. But nothing against a gym........:go10

6. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Good luck with your journey, Portnoy58!

For what's worth, do proper resistance training and your body will be burning calories the next 40 hours. Manage to train in a state where you no longer can have a conversation? That's even better!