1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Occupations and Technology

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by luibkk, 24 Oct 2014.

1. luibkk

luibkk Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Today I got my new schedule for this coming semester which starts on Monday and was pretty surprised to have a new course added, i.e. Occupations and Technology for grade 8 & 9.
    Has anyone taught this course before and/or knows about textbooks or other material suitable for this course?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

This is an official subject of the Basic Education Core Curriculum BE 2551.

I've never heard of an English Program that included the complete subject in their EP curriculum. What's often seen is that the subject Information and Communication Technologies is thaught and then specifically Computer Studies.

3. luibkk

luibkk Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply, Stamp. I have no idea what needs to be taught other than what is listed in the Core Curriculum. My boss wasn't at school today so I couldn't ask but the first lesson is on Monday and I have 2 periods a week scheduled for each grade level. Thus it looks like it is the whole course and not just ICT (the course is 80 hours per semester in the Core Curriculum) but then there might be a Thai teacher in class as well. I just don't know yet and I hate to go to class not being prepared. That's why I asked about anyone having experience with this course.