1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help O-Visa and the WP / am really confused

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by Clown, 26 Sep 2016.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thought of hijacking another thread The fickle finger of immigration and marriage visas | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

A colleague has a Marriage Visa. He doesn't have to take his WP to Immigration? Mmm. I had to go 3 x to Chiang Mai and it was a diuretic experience.

Regarding Krusapha, I visited them in Bangkok. He needed no waiver, because of the employer changing the job description to something like "Media Consultant".

At Immigration, I meat a teacher who has no degree and who got his WP in less than an hour.

OTOH, they now demand d a i l y reports from landlords etc. How come that they do not take a closer look at TCT endorsements, degrees and WPs?

Is there really no need to show up with that WP and inform Immigration of the change of status (from being a lap dog to working)?

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Don't be confused, its just the dodges and ducking and diving you can do in LOS. Yep sometimes it all seems unfair to the teacher "doing the right thing" but then that's life and TIT applies.

Yup and no more TCT ....LEA is now your friend.

Yup and I have heard of a really large chain of schools can pull this off all day long.

3. professeur

professeur Well-Known Member

Yup and I have heard of a really large chain of schools can pull this off all day long.[/QUOTE]

Does the name of this chain of schools start with a S by any chance?

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

That's a good guess but we don't want any defamation charges eh lol.

professeur likes this.
  5. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Please page me if you want to have a Thai contract that makes you to an assistant, or curriculum designer.

Absolute legal and the contract was given to me by a Immigration lady to have an example what my school had to come up with.

What she didn't know was that I knew the guy very well and finally found out that he wasn't on 44 K, his contract stated 38 K.

Why would you lie about your salary? That doesn't make you to a better person, does it?

There're laws and laws and there're people and people. Just take it easy, everything goes.

6. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

wise words indeed for Thailand

sirchai likes this.