1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nottingham PGCEi nets another full teacher's licence

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by portnoy58, 30 Sep 2016.

1. portnoy58

portnoy58 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Well thanks to Stamp, I've seen it now with my own eyes. I am in the system and showing as a licenced teacher until 2064; he's even got me my reference number. It is a relief to know I am in the system and it should facilitate work and getting a work permit in the future.

I'm pretty sure that this shows the Nottingham PGCEi does the business in terms of getting the gold card. I doubt whether the TCT will ever formally endorse a specific qualification and say this leads to licensure 100% of the time but in my case I am sure it clinched it for me. Maybe my case was helped by having passed two of the four professional knowledge exams. But I cannot see how I would have secured the licence simply on the basis of this and experience. So if you are doing the PGCEi I can say the Nottingham version works as of September 2016.

Big thanks again to Stamp, not just for accessing the KSP database for me but also for running this very important forum. Wonderful to have this dedicated forum with a minimum of crap and where it is possible to get the information to negotiate your way through a fairly complex process. Good luck to all who are in the process of working their way towards licensure - stick at it guys and rest assured it can be done. โชคดี

professeur and Stamp like this.
  2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

I will wager my house, car and favourite cat that you will not need this license until the year 2064 unless it is a new card which can be passed to your heir.

well done on the card and drinks are on me for your renewal after the expiration date of it.

Stamp and portnoy58 like this.
  3. portnoy58

portnoy58 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

yeah the Buddhist calendar was never my strong suit - probably should be 2564!

Stamp likes this.
  4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations again, portnoy58. Well done. Good to go to accept any basic education job you want without being hindered by the rules of the provisional teaching permit. No problems anymore with either Immigration or Labour. It feels but actually is a relief that you have the freedom. To cut a long story shot, you're now a qualified and certified teacher for the Thai education system.

:bouncing

portnoy58 likes this.
  5. professeur

professeur Well-Known Member

That's great news; congratulations portnoy58. Must feel good to now be part of the very elite of the EFL sector. Also means more security in terms of visas. Also good to hear that the PGCEi did it's job.

Stamp and portnoy58 like this.
  6. tally

tally Active Member

Well done Portnoy!!

7. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Congratulations, portnoy58.