1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nottingham PGCEi: half-time

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by portnoy58, 5 May 2015.

1. portnoy58

portnoy58 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

And finally the Nottingham Certificate arrived. This is what you'll get for completion. Thank goodness there has been no rain for a while and that I live in a nice quiet street - I came home to find the brown envelope lying on the street in the leaves outside our house. Perhaps symbolic! I would have been very pissed off if it had got wet or been nicked.

Nott.jpeg

NottRecord01.jpeg

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:bouncing

Sincere congratulations, portnoy58

:dance10:dance10:dance10:dance10:dance10:dance10:dance10:dance10:dance10

portnoy58 likes this.
  3. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Much congratulatory confabulations to you. :celebrate2

I personally know of several teachers who've coasted into inter / high end EP positions with the PGCEi; forget those flippler degrees, they'll get you nowhere.

Of course you could turn your thinking to not scraping the bottom of the barrel (any school in Thailand) & set your sights higher...can't get any lower. :smile

portnoy58 likes this.
  4. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

well said, WN.

Congrats!

GanDoonToonPet likes this.
  5. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

not true. they'll get you a Thai teaching License. but I see the point you are making.

with a PGCEi and a few years experience in Thailand I would get my CV out to all the int schools as the hardest part is getting in and you might get lucky with a maternity leave or something.

**po3try Top Tip - email BKK Kids for a free copy of their international schools guide, all contact details provided.**

portnoy58, GanDoonToonPet and Stamp like this.
  6. portnoy58

That's a great tip, many thanks, po3try.

7. professeur

professeur Well-Known Member

Well congratulations mr. Mouse! Hoping for a brown enveloppe myself in the future.

portnoy58 likes this.
  8. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Can't believe I missed congratulating you on your achievement. I am at the halfway stage, two 83s in the bag for the first and second assignments. The course has become so much part of my life that I am not really sure what I will do without it! My wife suggested learning the masters and then some. For me the whole journey has been a dream because of the support.

For sure I will continue learning, perhaps with Nottingham.

Anyway well done and what's next?

professeur, kruhjoe and portnoy58 like this.
  9. portnoy58

Sorry bahn-farang I missed your post, above. Thanks! I was very pleased with my result but your scores are amazing! Well done. I've enrolled for the University of London Masters in Education which is delivered by the Institute of Education. I'm not actually sure when it starts! About now I think. The Nottingham admin appears so smooth in comparison. I'm like you, I'm interested in continuing to learn regardless of age and progression. I'll let you now more about it when I finally find out.

10. professeur

Well; I submitted my final assignment a few days ago and am now enjoying the luxury of not having to deal with any Nottingham deadlines. Looking back it was not a bad experience but I'm glad it's over none the less (fingers crossed). Lots of reading and writing, some stuff was rather interesting and engaging while other material was quite dull or seemingly irrelevant.

My tutor was wonderful; very kind, positive and full of good advices. I always got feedback on any questions I had right away. Some of the other PGCEi participants were rather critical about their respective tutors so I guess I was lucky.

I hope that this certificate coupled with my MA will do the trick as far as the TCT is concerned. For now I’m just enjoying my recently reclaimed leisure time and the start of the October break. I guess time will tell how value this certification will prove to be on the job market.

11. bahn_farang

Likewise professeur mine was lovely, and certainly nice not to have the threat of the next assignment hanging over my head. Starting to miss the pressure though.

Although this thread is portnoy58's, what's next for you? Phd?

Last edited: 1 Oct 2016
  12. professeur

I don't have any immediate plans as far as studying is concerned. Academic reading and writing has never been my hobby and even my positive assessment of the PGCEi-course hasn't changed this. So no further study if I can help it. I'm just waiting to see what this certificate is worth in terms of the TCT and the job market.

13. bahn_farang

Sure you'll get the cert and good luck in the market

14. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

Congrats to those that completed or are nearly completed their PGCEi!!!!!! :)

I got my BEd. awhile back in elementary education and am now doing my MEd. via distance with a focus on Literacy.

Stamp likes this.