1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nottingham PGCEi 2015

Discussion in 'Ongoing Teacher Development' started by bahn_farang, 28 Jan 2015.

1. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I am not sure that what you are looking for is possible, but the preponderance of evidence (so to speak) would indicate that the PGCEi will be valid for obtaining a TL.

2. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

So you expect the TCT to go forth and evaluate every "Professional teacher" certification course on the planet and tell you which ones are "acceptable".
    You'll be waiting till hell freezes over.

Their official line is: 24 credit hours (usually 8-9 courses) of of education related coursework from a properly accredited university = works*.
    *provided you have met the other licensure requirements such as: age, clean background/good moral character, the required Thai culture/language and ethics course, and a legitimate degree.

That is about as good as it is going to get.

By the same token, in most other countries, for "alternate licensing options" it is pretty much the same.

3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

.... covering the 9 standards we all know of.

4. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

Good stuff as always, T.

5. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

No, and you are exaggerating to make your point Ttom, but maybe a 'handful' that they have come across in numbers like the course in question of this thread ...how hard is that 'if' they have already allowed a said teacher with degree + this course for a full TL? But then we hear two ways of acceptance and refusal ...oh yawn gone full circle from Ttom banging on and me banging on .... well I for one think it is not 'unreasonable' to get a TCT answer even if it is to this one effing course

So, I WILL send them a letter via boss or/and E-mail in Thai (of course as Ingrish would be lost on them) to clarify this very point (if I decide to sign up for the said course) ... you know, that one to one contact idea to try and put them on the spot. If that doesn't work then we are just left with a quasi-government organisation being ...well ... incompetent at what they do or should be doing. Really, why is it so hard to get an affirmative for a handful of courses or just this one course? ... umm, that is if they care enough that foreign teachers actually develop and stay here for the long haul.

But ....if you ask you will get an effing answer ! (If I do A and B can I get C?) ..that is in the UK and Europe at least (No idea about the Americans and other countries). From what I've heard about folk contacting the TCT personally it is on about the same level as folk wearing shiney foil hats trying to contact aliens on planet Mars.

6. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

You will be sure to let me know when to bring skis and skates then?

7. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

One of the teachers received his license Friday of last week. One is without an approved culture course (apparently) and the other has an application that is in limbo.

8. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Forwarded my application today, although no rush since the closing date is August. Thought I do it to day as

Anyone else made a decision yet on whether to do this, that or the other courses yet?

9. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations with the decision

Haven't decided yet.

10. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Yes, I am doing this one. I have put it off as long as I could really, looked into all the available courses both online and brick and mortar. The UniTEFL crowd looked ok for a while but.....nah. If a legitimate degree from a recognised Aussie uni AND this qualification isnt enough.....well, i'll be stumped!