1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nottingham PGCEi 2015

Discussion in 'Ongoing Teacher Development' started by bahn_farang, 28 Jan 2015.

1. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. faithnomore

faithnomore New Member

This qual was rejected for being "distance" last year.

Triple check!

3. bahn_farang

Thanks for the heads up but I already have a license, doing it for the fun of self development with the long term aim of an MA but good advice for ALL people wanting to use it to gain the license.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange that you got this from the TCT, when I asked they said yes and two other friends also. Like you said check first. Perhaps others have some experience on this matter?

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Very interesting....I also read somewhere that this one was 'recommended' by someone at Karusapah!!!! Also read that others have used it to get a teaching license....the head spins.....

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Yep. Perhaps. My license expires in November 2016.

Yes, read that too. Ramses is in the know about the course being rejected for a TCT teacher license. You might want to PM him.

6. faithnomore

faithnomore New Member

I'm pretty sure the guy's username is Ramses. His PGCEI was rejected for being "distance".

7. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

not I. But, we have had several teachers here who have completed the PGCEi, but have not gotten the license. But what the status of the license is, I am not sure. As they are all still working here, I assume they've all been given at least an additional waiver.

As far as it being distance, there is at least 1 BM who did a teacher ready course and has a teachers license, so I think distance courses are not an issue.

But I know nothing beyond that.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the PGCEi is being accepted.

8. Tullkra

Tullkra Active Member

I'm soooo:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Will contact TCT as would like to know if getting this one would aid in getting the licence, if not will have to investigate further as I didn't get the tests.

Will definitely do the course if it will be taken into account for the licence. IF not them I won't has I don't have all the cash to waste. BUt will continue to look for other options.

Was it the same for the UNItefl one.

I've looked on both website and both say about being suitable to obtain the licence.

TOTALLY CONFUSED.

:chinrub::chinrub::chinrub::chinrub::chinrub::chinrub::chinrub::chinrub:

9. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

I'm toying with the idea but undecided at present. Also undecided as to whether to do a straight MA, which has exit points for both the certificate & diploma, or the PGCEi then MA. I think I'll wait until next year & fulfil 2 of the other criteria first, maybe attend a conference & give some educational training.

A rep from our school already did that last year.

Also, several teachers at our school have used the PGCEi to get the licence over the past 5 years. :happy1:

10. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

You're not alone mate. I'd love to pop into Karusapah myself but its a real hike for me. Let us know if you do get some kind of answer, it would be much appreciated......however, it could be the case again of, ask one person get one answer, ask another and.......TIT style!!!

11. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

Three teachers where I work have completed the PGCEi, and a 4th is currently studying. None of the 3 who have completed it have gotten a license. Of the 3, 1 will go on Tuesday to get his license (apply?), one has applied but been refused a license, they cited his culture course (he has a culture course cert) so I am not sure what the issue is. I am not aware of what the circumstances surrounding the 3rd teacher are.

However, it does seem unlikely that these 3 teachers will be without a license much longer provided a suitable CC can/ will be offered soon.

Otherwise I have no idea.

12. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

April last year.

13. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I was second guessing myself about it......glad I didnt dream it up!

14. faithnomore

faithnomore New Member

This is now the second u-turn they've done on PGCEIs.

First it was YES (obviously).

Then it was NO.

Now it's YES again.

It's like gambling, investing time and money in this thing.

15. bahn_farang

Or do nothing and lose anyway.