1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No longer requirements from Kurusapha? (What do you know about this?)

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by kruhjoe, 15 Mar 2017.

1. kruhjoe

kruhjoe Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi everybody, been quiet for a while, but today our school director received an email from ISAT that really got my attention and would've liked to share with you for confirmation or clarification of information. Especially the first sentence of it. Who knows anything about it? As for me, this is still brand new. I haven't heard of any requirements being cancelled or changed yet.

Thank you for your answers in advance.

I copy and paste it as I received it:

Last edited: 15 Mar 2017
    Stamp likes this.
  2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for this kruhjoe.

In a separate thread on Thailand Teaching it was announced that the (current) Thai Language, Culture and Ethics Course has been abandoned.

Thai culture course information for 2017 | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

About other requirements having been abandoned I'm not aware of.

3. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Member

The fact that waivers have been issued since this statement was released doesn't make sense.

4. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

The first sentence should read something to the effect that the TL&C course is not a requirement for ISAT affiliated schools (as per the Dec 9 document). Has nothing to do with waivers or with non-ISAT schools.

This memo basically suggests that inters who hire from abroad give their teachers a brief overview of language and cultural expectations. Generally speaking, ISAT schools like to steer clear of headlines for the wrong reasons and thus generally provide this type of guidance during orientation.

There was a period between about 6 and 8 years ago that ISAT ran their own TL&C Courses...

Hope this helps...

Stamp and Ajarn P. Paul like this.
  5. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Member

Thanks

6. kruhjoe

kruhjoe Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for your answers.

The more I read it again and the more I discussed it with others as well, the more I've understood it this way too, that this announcement concerns only the Thai language and culture 'requirements' for new-coming teachers at international schools.

It has nothing to do with the "educational degree" requirement towards obtaining a teacher's licence in Thailand. It is still in effect and is required. For which I'm actually quite glad, for I'm just about to receive my diploma in teacher education from Ifugao, hopefully as soon as in June, and then, immediately after that I'm going to submit my application for the famous "gold card". (Amen! :innocent2 )

7. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm afraid that the graduation won't be before August and it's possible that it still takes a few weeks to receive the actual diploma.

But to be on the safe side, please just ask them to issue a document that you've finished the course and the university is preparing the diplomas.

Sorry, I wish I would have better news. Have a nice one, Joe.-

P.S. I've started mine in January 2016.