1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next week the finals. When does your summer holiday 2017 start?

Discussion in 'Staffroom' started by Stamp, 26 Feb 2017.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Next week, Monday 27 February 2017 until Friday 3 March 2017 we have the finals at our government secondary school. Tuesday and Thursday M1 - M3 and Monday, Wednesday and Friday M4 - M6.

I think we are required to submit the pink/ blue books and the 'Bookmark' records by Thursday 9 March or Friday 10 March 2017.

As our school is not really generous with giving days off, it's expected that our summer holiday will start on Saturday 1 April 2017 and will last until Sunday 7 May 2017.

Academic year 2017 will possibly start on Monday 15 May 2017.

What about you? Care to share?

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

:dance10Started 2 days ago:part time

Off till April 3rd then zummer skool, then couple of weeks in May off then who knows what the first day of term is. Happy holidays all.
    :drinking:runaround:burp:runaround:dance

Stamp likes this.
  3. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

AFAIK, mine starts at 3:30pm on 03 March.

Stamp likes this.
  4. Ajarn P. Paul

Ajarn P. Paul มันเป็นวันที่น่าเศร้าในวันนี้ในประเทศไทย ...

Monday 27 February 2017 until Friday 3 March 2017 we have the finals at our government secondary school.

Thursday 08 March 2017 until Thursday 16 March 2017 all Thai English and other foreign languages teachers together with all Foreign English and other foreign languages teachers will take a Director's 8 days complimentary / free trip to Vietnam.

Friday 24 March 2017 until Tuesday 28 March 2017 all Thai English and other foreign languages teachers together with all Foreign English and other foreign languages teachers and together with all M1 - M3 students from the MEP program only, will take a Director's 4 days complimentary / free trip to Phetchaburi Province.

Summer holiday will officially start on Saturday, 01 April 2017 and will last until Wednesday, 10 May 2017.
    We suppose to report back to school on Thursday, 11 May 2017.

Hey_ewe and Stamp like this.
  5. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

This is the last week then off till May 15th. No summer school..... but full pay and I AINT complaining! Next year I also am starting as the new Coordinator of the English program at my school. Going to be an interesting year. The holiday will be well spent driving around Thailand with the family. Going to go far North. I also want to find some other work, online, summer camps whatever to put some icing on the cake.

Stamp likes this.
  6. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

starts 2nd friday in June @ 3:30 ....and may very well last a long long time.:celebrate2

Stamp likes this.
  7. Stamp

Mulling on retiring?

ramses likes this.
  8. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

Mulling is precisely the word to describe it.

Stamp likes this.
  9. professeur

professeur Well-Known Member

We've got summer school so I'll be off starting April 12th until May 15th I guess. Nobody ever announces these things officially though.

10. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

Kids went last Friday, grade books all done. Now just a month of signing in and hanging around for the month.

11. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

last week of school, but the reading for the MA is taking unto 5 hours of my day each day so summer will be a chance to really dive in

12. jackthehat

jackthehat New Member

We don't really get proper holidays at my school. The government teachers do, but the ones employed by the school, Thai teachers aswell, get the 10th to the 16th of April. That includes a weekend and two national holidays. So really just three days and the same kind of story in October. Last year, we had two weeks where we gave a sort of Summer camp to the M1/1 and then an English workshop for the Thai teachers.
    After that the school was dead but we had to come and sign our names until we started the new semester first week of May.
    Can anybody beat this?

Stamp likes this.
  13. Stamp

All work done. Tomorrow the students' grades will be posted on the school's website. Monday students with grade 0 have to come to school to upgrade their scores. As of then signing in every day until 31 March 2017. Holiday most probably from Saturday 1 April until Sunday 14 May 2017. However, we might be called in earlier.

14. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

I am not swapping jobs with you. :nope

15. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I'm currently creating my science and math tests for grade two and three EP, the English tests are done and dusted and will be done this Monday where I took a day off.

Science tests on Tuesday, then math tests on Wednesday, which is also the kids' last day at school.

The grading should be done in the same week, then I might have to fingerprint in and out until the end of the month. ( It sux, because I'm 25 km away !)

Dates of the interview(s) at other schools not yet confirmed.

Some good offers for English camps in the break are already made. No matter at which school I'll land, it can't be worse than the one I'm at now.

Happy holidays and drive carefully, they don't......:cheers

Last edited: 11 Mar 2017