1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 'Thanks / Like' system on Thailand Teaching

Discussion in 'Questions & Assistance' started by Stamp, 16 Aug 2014.

1. Mati

Mati Well-Known Member

and then put a pillow over his ugliness?

2. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

No need, just keep the lights off and slide out as soon as he starts snoring. :thai wai:

3. TT Tester

TT Tester New Member

This is a test by TT Tester. Please ignore.

4. Corsair

Corsair Well-Known Member

I thought I was in trouble

Again

5. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

No problems, Corsair.

corsair (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  6. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

Neither here nor there, but since you've brought the airplane into it, the Corsair is one of my favorite war birds from my favorite period of history.

CorsairMustang17.jpg

The U.S. Marine Corps always got stuck with the shit that nobody else wanted, and were always the last to get decent equipment.

That all changed when the naval aviators were too stupid to figure out how to land the Corsair, with its shit visibility on landing, on a carrier. The Brits figured it out and show the U.S. Navy how to do it (and invented the angled flight deck, another story).

Meanwhile, the Marines "got stuck" with the Corsair, which as a land based aircraft was a very different proposition.

In the European theater, the one Allied aircraft an Axis pilot hated to see was the Mustang. In the Pacific theater, it was "Whistling Death," the Corsair.

At no extra charge, both birds in British hands.

749344-bigthumbnail.jpg

I'm assuming that the Corsair has British markings. I've read that the red dot in the center of the roundel was removed in the Pacific to avoid confusion with the Japanese rising sun big red dot. I further assume that the horizontal bars, which now make the British roundel look a bit like its American counterpart, are to further eliminate any chance of it being mistaken for being Japanese. Does anybody know? (Or care?)

CorsairMustang17.jpg

749344-bigthumbnail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015