1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Era Questions

Discussion in 'Ongoing Teacher Development' started by bahn_farang, 20 Feb 2015.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Sure, all jokes aside, if they come throught with the goods its a good option. I am not willing to put my money on them and I really dont recommend anyone else do so either. I really dont think that this 'Karusapah' outfit knows is rectum from its elbow and I think its a wiser option for people (farang) to stick to more well known institutions. I wouldnt be surprise if someone at the teachers council has their finger in some other 'pie' and that another course.....that is totally accepted by them comes along. I am not saying that Thailand is that kind of country, of course not, corruption has been crushed since the new military government came into power!!!

2. Tullkra

Tullkra Active Member

Hi Guys,

Just got this update from Unitefl: Thoughts would be good

TCT approval Diploma in Teaching

Dear

We have further developments to announce with the New Era CPT diploma, this is the final update we will send by mail list.

Following a meeting with the Khurusapa representative responsible for licensing non-Thai teachers, we have further confirmation that the diploma will be accepted if it shows a transcript of subjects/modules totalling 24 credits towards a university degree. Please see the sample transcript on this page. We can provide you privately with a letter of approval from CHED (Philippine higher education department) recognising the New Era University Masters in Education, to which these subjects belong.

Furthermore, please also be aware that this CPT is actually the first year towards A Masters Degree in Education therefore those completing the diploma will be half-way towards achieving an MA, further adding to its appeal. This is an added advantage over alternative diploma options available to teachers in Thailand.

In order to satisfy any changing expectations of compliance from Khurusapa, New Era University have also agreed to a second option to qualify the CPT. Instead of completing the two practicum modules, comprising of four observed practicums each, the student can opt instead to take two subjects from year two of the MA, achieving the 24 credits through theory subjects only (there is a slight price increase to this route). This will mean only four subjects need to be completed in year two. Whichever option you choose, New Era will need a letter of proof from your school (present or previous), showing you have been teaching for at least one year prior to being awarded the diploma.

So;

Option 1

Semester 1: 3 theory subjects (Methodology, Measurement & Evaluation, Curriculum Construction) over 18 weeks and a practicum module comprising 4 observed teaching practicums conducted in your usual school

Semester 2: 3 theory subjects (Ed Administration, Foundations I, Philosophy of Education) over 18 weeks and a practicum module comprising 4 observed teaching practicums conducted in your usual school

Option 2:

Semester 1: 3 theory subjects (Methodology, Measurement & Evaluation, Curriculum Construction) over 18 weeks

Semester 2: 3 theory subjects (Ed Administration, Foundations I, Philosophy of Education) over 18 weeks

Additional 2 theory subjects taken either during these two semesters or a third semester, selected from this list:

As before, you can enrol and begin at any time, the study is conducted online and self-paced over 18 weeks of assignments per semester with final assignment tests arranged directly with your assigned tutor. Once enrolled, you can be supplied a letter with which to apply for a temporary licence extension. Fees presently remain at $1,920 and $1,620 respectively for the two semesters.

Many Regards

The Uni Training Team

3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, Tulkra.

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I got a similar email 2 weeks ago, I also got my acceptance letter for the Nottingham PGCEi.

5. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

how much?

6. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

just over 3000 pounds

- - - Updated - - -

or rather 3330 to be exact.