1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Era Questions

Discussion in 'Ongoing Teacher Development' started by bahn_farang, 20 Feb 2015.

1. JimB

JimB Member

If unitefl has been sold/taken over by media kids, who is actually running, responsible for, this qualification in Thailand now?

Is is unitefl (whatever that means)? media kids? Andrew Bond? IE who takes the money?

2. aarontendo

aarontendo Active Member

Christ yes with a name brand such as Media Kids how could this go wrong. Next up, I'll get a diploma from McDonalds University.

3. JimB

JimB Member

Up popped an advert for unitefl's New Era Certificate for Professional Teaching on Facebook this morning. It reads

"MoE approved certificate for permanent teacher's licenses Thailand, enrolment now open"

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

should be 5 months now before the first people are given/rejected for their full license (if they have their culture course cert)

5. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Media Kids, hey? Will they allow anyone over 40 years old to take the course?

6. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

'Postgraduate Qualification' and 'Media Kids' ...........mmm, let me think. Ok, to hell with it all!!! I am going to get a bachelor of TESOL from ********* college AND a postgraduate qualification from UNITEFL!!!!!!(thats Media Kids to all you clueless losers :rudolph:) If that dont set the world of ESL teaching alight then I dont know what will!!!!!????? After that I'm off to Cambridge to polish off a Ph.D in 'how to disarm a psychotic cucumber' ........with a plan like that, I reckon I could teach legally in Thailand! :smoke:

7. bahn_farang

I admire you plan for excellence.

Perhaps it's a money thing:confused: Media Kids is perhaps turning a new leaf and has decided to help the community by providing a post graduate program. Surely it's not just about money

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

No, of course not. Media Kids gives to charities all over the world, infact, I know for a fact that 75% of their profits go to 'saving the wales....or even whales???" I dont know, its either they are trying to save the country or the animal...either way, my hats off to them.

9. bahn_farang

I have about 3 months before they won't hire me.
    I am sure deep down they care about education and not just the bottom line, I mean what pond scum wouldn't . ??

10. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I like ice cream.

11. bahn_farang

what flavor?

12. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Mint chocoalte chip, but thats not so easy to find here.

13. bahn_farang

Bottom line. People who need to stay will find/search for either mint chic chip or a supplier of a "way"

14. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

There's more than one way to skin a cat

15. bahn_farang

Many options out there. I hope that whatever option people choose it is right for them and gives them an opportunity to follow whatever path they choose or have chosen.

I, myself have chosen a different path but this "unitefl" does look like an option. They may be in it for the money, they may me in it for the goodness of education, fact remains that if it pans out they have made a solution. Rather a solution than constant head-burying/loop hole searching, I say