1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Border Crossing In Kanchanaburi open for visa runs- Ban Phu Nam Ron

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by Stamp, 17 Oct 2013.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Mister T likes this.
  2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Friend of mine went down there on Friday last week to extend 90 days on an "O". Very chilled he said, 30 mins and no physical leaving over the border too. This crossing will grow though as has gotta be the nearest to BKK now and also this ties in with the new road into Myanmar to the coast there. He said new buildings going up now and loads of Thai-Ital construction going on concerning the road.

Stamp likes this.
  3. Stamp

I read that a guy 'working' on behalf of Myanmar, sorts everything out for you for 700 THB.

Here's a map.

Ban Phu Nam Ron.jpg

Ban Phu Nam Ron.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Slight correction: He was extending his current 90 day portion on "O" by 15 days .... he has to go to an embassy (eg. in Laos) to get the next 90 days proper.

:insorry: 'bout that ...I presume this place is only for extensions and in-out tourist visas (I Presume !)

5. Stamp

This border crossing offers the same as all other border crossings such as Mae Sot, Mae Sai, Ranong, Sadao, Aranyaprathet and others. You can leave Thailand and enter again and get a 14 days visa exemption or you can utilise your multiple-entry visa (multiple-entry tourist visa, non-immigrant O, non-immigrant B and so on).

Mister T likes this.
  6. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Went to the border today with a friend to get him a 30 day tourist visa. Cost is 500 Baht + 200 Baht for the Myanmar official to process. A day out in pics for you and how to get there. (route taken as the farang visa bus companies take from BKK)

From Kanchanaburi, take the main road to Sai Yok. About 2.7 KM's past Rajabhat University, turn left here.

1 Take a left 2.8 KM past Rajabhat Uni.jpg

Keep going straight on this road and over a railway crossing. About a kilometer further, turn right here. Be warned, the sign is a little hard to spot when driving as partially obscured by a tree.

2 over level crossing and right follow the sign.jpg

Keep going straight and take a right at this sign. Easy to spot this one.

3 bit further and right again follow the sign.jpg

Finally arrive in the village of Ban Phu Nam Ron and thro village and bear left (e.g not straight onto the dirt road ahead) and is about 300 meters further. This is what you will see and you need to head for the buildings on the left next to the coffee shop.

4 Ban Phu Nam Ron Immigration.jpg

Check in here and 500 Baht for visa + 200 Baht for the Myanmar official to go other side of this checkpoint, which is 4KM short of the actual Thai/Myanmar border, to the Myanmar side. For this 200 Baht you just wait 30 or so minutes for him to go there and back. No need to actually leave Thailand.

5 Check in here.jpg

However, the Myanmar official said, 'Let's go in the car' so we did and got out of Thailand for a brief 5 minutes. If you do happen do to this, go thro' checkpoint above pic and about 3KM on tarmac road, then take a left up a dirt track, just where the tarmac road drops off and to the right (No signpost here in Thai or English LOL) then thro' army checkpoint (Thai) and then same 200 meters on (Myanmar). Down a steep dirt hill bearing right and about 400 meters on ... and you come to here. Immiigration hut is 20 meters from car and to left out of pic.

6 Four clicks on and in Myanmar.jpg

Total distance from say River Kwae bridge in Kanchanaburi is 64 KM's, From Rajabhat University @50 KM's.

Nice day out it was and easy to navigate, get there and back. :cheers2:

1 Take a left 2.8 KM past Rajabhat Uni.jpg

2 over level crossing and right follow the sign.jpg

3 bit further and right again follow the sign.jpg

4 Ban Phu Nam Ron Immigration.jpg

5 Check in here.jpg

6 Four clicks on and in Myanmar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
    Corsair, Mister T and Stamp like this.
  7. Stamp

Many thanks for this report. :thumbsup2:

8. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Yer welcome and for TT members and visitors ...memorise these pics and ye canny go wrong ..easy peasy lemon squeasy en it :drinking:

9. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

i miss england!

10. Rddg

Rddg New Member

thanks for all the great info!

11. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Yer welcome and hope you can remember the pics .... BTW: If you are a visitor then you canny see the pics. Join and make a post then you can:thumbsup2:

12. zbig57

zbig57 New Member

Hi for everybody! :smile:
    Could you please tell my if it is possible cross Myanmar/Thailand border at this place for foreigners? Our daughter Daria and her husband Marcin ("Namiot nasz dom" profile on Facebook) plan go back to Thailand for New Year Day and now they are going to Dawei in Myanmar. Thanks for infos.

13. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join. We have a newbies section to introduce yourself if you have the inclination. Sorry I do not know the answer to your question but welcome

14. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

I asked when I was there last month and the Myanmar Official said "No" ...not yet. (as in onward travel to Daiwei)

Apparantly this will change at some point but is unlikely/a slim chance this year ...However the situation will change by 2015 umm sometime cos' of the ASEAN stuff etc. .... that was also the extended ans. from the Myanmar dude.

15. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

I notice that "border" is written "borer"

Nice photo journal, thank you much.

700 baht for 14 days plus the trip. Ouch!

It's a long way to go, but I miss crossing at Sungai Golok. No visa, no money, just step out and step back in. Or, continue to the Thai consulate in Kota Bahru. No long lines, no hassles, and you're in an English speaking country. And, it's open on Sunday. You could collect your passport on Monday with your new tourist or non-im visa, zip back to Hat Yai, fly home, and miss only one day of work, it that matters.