1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Government Pay Increases

Discussion in 'Staffroom' started by daiwill, 25 Nov 2016.

1. daiwill

daiwill Thread Starter Member

Hi Guys,
    It's been a while.
    Does anyone remember a few months ago around Aug - Sept, that there was an announcement by Government that there was to be an increase in the minimum wage amounts. It was to be awarded to certain groups, one of which was Government employees.
    At the time, I was informed by my current boss, that we, as Government paid university teachers would be receiving the increase.
    I was just wondering if anyone working in a Government salaried school is now receiving this pay increase???

sirchai likes this.
  2. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that foreigners are not included in a group called Government employees.

And if they do receive more money for us, I'm certain that foreigners are the last part of the chain who'll actually have a pay raise.

It might be the white and fancy uniform that makes the difference.

A friend back in Europe once asked me why we'd have so many soldiers at our school.....well, guess you know the deal.

If they do announce more money for foreigners who're working directly for government schools, I'd be more than positively surprised.

3. marcusb

marcusb Active Member

Aren't those a sight! First time I saw them I thought our school was shipping off to sea, not easy in Isaan.

I remember one Monday asking a Thai teacher, cool guy, why some were wearing the fancy whites and some the regular tan. He said some teachers like to pay more to look important. No idea if its true... always been puzzled, and the coloured bars and decorations ? ? ?

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I really love your post. The truth is that those who DO NOT wear such a uniform Do NOT have the "Rajachghan" ( government) status.

I've met plenty of them before i started at my current school and one guy at my current school feeds me with lies why he isn't wearing such a noble one....

The truth is that he ( after changing his name, because so many people wanted to have their money back, Thais and foreigners) doesn't have this "status to kill and hit little kids with permission".

I really love our director's decorations, way more "Iron crosses" than any WWII veteran could get.

Just go with the flow, say yes to no and follow the show. Cheers-

Ajarn P. Paul likes this.