1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 90 Day Registration for Aliens today.....

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by sirchai, 22 Jul 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I almost forgot my 90 day Alien thingy and went to see the local Immigration this afternoon, in my eyes the coolest bunch of guys who're really so nice that it's impossible to describe it with only a few words....

But there's a new woman I've never seen and she basically jumped on me and started her questioning. "Please let me call my lawyer" first, were my honest thoughts, but then not necessary.

The last time when I did my 90 day thingy, I left the office after only 2 minutes, no "special questions" involved but this time my friend was busy and I had to go the "normal way " with the "extraordinary" one who looked like a bear hunter to me.

"Name of mom and dad? " was how it all started. I said that they both passed away a long time ago, but I had to write down their names. A little bit misspelled, but that's normal when you're a teacher here.

So many bs questions that I almost started to throw up. She seems to be a real hardliner and not liked by the whole other staff. Next questions were about my online activities, Facebook, my e-mail address(es) YouTube, we-chat and all that other stuff.

I said that I don't waste my valuable time on the internet and prefer to hang out with family and friends.

"Your bank account(s) here, where?" I said that I always get my money in Tang Soth, (cash) and don't need such a thing. Car, motorbike, house? Mai Mee.

I told her that the car would be my wife's car, but she insisted to have the details, license plate, when it was built, model, etc...that was also the time when she started to really annoy me.

I gave her completely different details, the only thing that was true were the 4 digits of my license plate. She wrote down registered in Sisaket, but that's not really true. And also my own mistake...

Then the question who my foreign friends here would be? Why would I even mention anybody's name?

So I said that I do not have any foreign friends, and only love to hang out with my Thai TP friends, but another Immigration officer jumped in and said that I'd be a good friend of an American with the name Seth who's teaching at a local school for a long time. We were colleagues for quite a few years.

She wanted to have details about him and my busy Immigr. friend helped me out and said: " No, it's not W.....ia..s, ( the other guy was trying to remember his last name) but my friend then said that his last name would be "Americano" and the clerk finally wrote down "Seth Americano." Lol. .

The way my friend from the Immigration looked at me and the signs she gave me with her eyes were pretty clear. Do not tell them the truth, she also knows my American friend, helped him out quite a few times and why would she even help me to not mention his last name on the form that was actually for me?

I've got the feeling that this is a George Orwell type one and once they've got your e-mail, friends' names, etc..they'll use their technology from the FBI, but also the stuff they've got from the German BKA and create a nice data base about each and every foreigner who's living here.

I finally left the office after 23 minutes and grabbed a few small Leos and corrected a lot of student books. I think we should be careful what information we give to them, even when we've got nothing to hide.

It reminds me of the"Reichskristallnacht" many moons ago in a country far far away. Stay safe. :thai wai

2. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

I can't say that I'm surprised by any of this.
    [​IMG]

3. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

Only to the privileged does equality feel like oppression. Everyone should go through the same way every time. I know, I know, how dare immigration not give you preferential treatment.

really? again? why do you always insist on judging based on looks?!

this has been written about extensively on this site. none of this is news, and none of it should come as a surprise...

a couple thoughts, either the Thais are far smarter than you have ever given them credit for, or putting together such a database would be a comedy of errors. I'm betting both.

I do agree, though, these types of request should be greeted with a very healthy dose of paranoia.

very good idea

and an even better idea

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for taking the time to modify my post, cut it into small pieces and comment it with very wise words. If you need a new hobby, I could give you a few ideas. Please do not hesitate to page me.

Sampling beer mugs seems to be in these days.

Have a great week.

5. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

6. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

I thought I'd escaped this. :huh

I did my report, personally, at Ladprao last time just to avoid this crap when I heard it was introduced at CW.

Well, I was handed my 90 day report form by HR a few days ago & attached to it was 'the form'. They said just fill out the highlighted parts which didn't include any of the silly stuff.

I managed to find an editable PDF which saved a lot of time & wrist-ache. Courtesy of BM Don Mega on the TV forum...

Attached Files:

ramses and Stamp like this.