1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

muay thai training

Discussion in 'The Sports Lounge' started by dave111, 6 Nov 2012.

1. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

still begs the question after countless cases of death, brain damage, injury, why do people like seeing people fight? Perhaps it is a distraction to their own lack of power or is it a selection in their own fight for victory?

At least it gives an opportunity for poor people to make a good living

2. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

:biglaugh:

I'm pretty certain that most fighters don't do a risk analysis before setting foot into a ring. Some do so to channel their anger, to turn aggression into positive energy. Others do it for the sake of competition. Others do it as a way of making ends meet. At the end of the day, life is fleeting, and endeavors are futile.

Though I never set foot into a ring to fight, I did work out at a gym in Yala while I was there.
    CIMG7734.JPG

CIMG7734.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  3. bahn_farang

Which one are you in the photo?

looking based the "homo" comment. Tried that fight.

4. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I'm the one holding the camera. I looked through my pictures from that gym, and while I have a few, it seems I took all the pictures. The father of one of the boxers who came from that gym was a very well known muay thai promoter in the 70s.

5. bahn_farang

respect for doing the training. It's on the bucket list but haven't found the time/balls to do it