1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medical certificates for work permits

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by Rastus, 26 Apr 2014.

1. Randy

Randy New Member

Bangkok labor office insist on medical certificate/blood test for syphilis (required for all subsequent renewals too). I went last week with a medical certificate from a private hospital, no problems. The certificate itself stated that I was not suffering from any of the 7 (i think?) specific illnesses that are mentioned for work permit applications and renewals. It cost me 400 baht including blood test.

Rastus likes this.
  2. soreia

soreia New Member

I am not sure if certificate of government hospital is required, but check if you need a Syphilis blood test.
    WE never had to do is in our province, but this year the labour department apparently requires that.

3. Rastus

Rastus Thread Starter Well-Known Member

The labour office has said it will accept a medical certificate from a private hospital. I have now got a certificate from a private hospital. The hospital used the same form as Corsair has posted in this thread, took a blood test and attached the results of the blood test to the medical certificate.

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

It would seem that this whole thread can be distilled into a very small number of words.

The employer (of us) has a duty to check what is needed. We are the employee for goodness sake.
    Different provinces require different things. So knowing that the employers haven't got a clue, we should check at the work permit issuing place what they require before we present our documents.

Perhaps it is one of those occasions where the individual has to find out for themselves from the relevant authority rather than relying on the forums.

5. Noal

Noal New Member

I always find it amazing that a background check isn't required for working with children here given what they want from us regarding qualifications and the teacher license.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Yes, strange indeed.

7. stan1968

stan1968 New Member

do you know what was exactly tested in the blood test? I mean which values and indicators ware meassured or was that only for syphillis?

8. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

AFAIK, the result of the blood test is simply 'negative' or 'positive'.

:welcome to TT

9. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

I got my work permit with a certificate from the local clinic. The cost was 30 Baht.

Whatever they tell you to do just do it. I know of one teacher who took his time to get his medical certificate finished, and the staff at the University was really frustrated with him. Try to get it done, and do it in a timely manner.

If you are looking for a job send me a private message. I know of one.

10. Rastus

Rastus Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Yes, I think the blood test was just for syphillis and I think that's all it said (negative :smile:).

11. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I studied all night for my syphilis test and I still got a negative result ...

12. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Don't they also test for alcoholism and amphetamines?

13. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

Not anymore, they now know we all test positive to at least one of them.