1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macmillan primary T's books PDFs?

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by BarbedChoir, 14 Jan 2017.

1. BarbedChoir

BarbedChoir Thread Starter New Member

Can't find the damn things online* and I'm up against a really tedious lesson plan writing deadline.

* apart from Amazon and I'm without plastic!

Has anyone got the T's book PDFs for English 2, Science 2 and Maths 2, please?

Cheers :o)

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

:welcome2 Barbed
    Umm, not sure what you are after? Might help to give more detail to get some help here.

Enjoy Thailand Teaching our Laos neighbour.

3. BarbedChoir

BarbedChoir Thread Starter New Member

^ The teacher's books for Macmillan English 2, Maths 2 and Science 2 in PDF format, please? :o)

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

For example Barbed this book? ISBN 9781405013741
    Macmillan eng 2.png
    Had a look but can't find any freebees except for those websites that want your credit card details up front ...umm nay chance lol.

Might get lucky yet, some members do seem to know where the treasure is or some member may have a copy. Please send a box of Lao Dark if successful.
    :burp

5. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Usually the reps will provide a sample copy, might be worth a try and welcome to the forum

6. DigitalGypsy

DigitalGypsy Well-Known Member

Have a snoop around here and here

The former has many language and teaching books, the latter while in Russian in places is easily navigated and has Oxford, Macmillan, Cambridge and much more, including software application discs and audio discs and so on (which I have downloaded). The links work as I've downloaded extensively from them. By the way, if the links take you to a website that requires payment just look around the actual page, there's always a free option button / link that involves typing in a CAPTCHA and waiting for a two minute timer to countdown (worth it in my opinion for a free book worth $20+ to purchase). I've amassed an inventory of 1000+ books by using this method over the past 3 years or so.

Check out the catalogue section in freebookspot or type in the name in the search box for any specific books, It's very finicky tho and requires the exact wording of the author or title.

A word of advice: many of these filesharing sites make money from their ads so it's best to use a good browser and pop-up blocker or it gets very annoying. Personally I use Firefox and Adblock Plus and Disconnect plugins, which help a lot.

I often found that some of the larger files can timeout too which can be a pain, there's a free file-downloading application that works like a charm called Jdownloader. Basically copy the URL at the top of the actual download page (before clicking on the free tab, as the software will find the CAPTCHA and prompt you to fill it in within the application itself) and it should then be available to select in the program itself. It can be paused, stopped, restarted and downloaded over a number of revisits too - which is very handy.

Jdownloader can also rip video from Youtube, and convert Youtube vids to audio-only files too. A handy piece of kit (jdownloader.org) there's another version that supposedly has bloatware in it but I downloaded mine from the .org site and have never had any problems.

Check out 'Digital Library' Facebook page also, there are loads of links to books on Google drive, a nice collection. (Digital Library @e.books.digital.library is what appears as the title on the page)

I have some of the Oxford Discover teachers books in pdf and in excellent quality if they are any good to you? They are also on the Russian website I referenced earlier in the post, as that's where I sourced them from

DG

sirchai likes this.
  7. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

No idea if these books would help you? Got them all on PowerPoint, text, and workbook, but not the teacher's book.

P.S. For grade two and three. I might have grade one as well.

Let's Go grade two textbook.jpg

Math textbook grade two.jpg

Science grade two.jpg

DavidUSA likes this.
  8. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

Just google the book name in full with pdf at the end, those dang Russians upload everything.

DavidUSA and muppetminder like this.
  9. DigitalGypsy

Speaking of Russians, check out this site here, it seems to have an unending supply of resources especially for younger learners, but there is some good stuff on there, just keep scrolling.

Here are a few more links to various sub-sections: here, here, and here.

By the way, what's the policy here for posting links to PDF books etc? I have a lot of stuff from my M.Ed course that I'm sure would be of interest to some people (including books on ESL and those relating to gen Education/teaching). Is there an area to post such files on here?

DG

DavidUSA likes this.
  10. muppetminder

muppetminder Active Member

VK.com can be a great source.

Post the covers for the English books plus more details. I'll see if I have them.

OK, it's posted above. I'll have a look (edit)

Last edited: 16 Jan 2017
  11. muppetminder

muppetminder Active Member

Nope. Not much children's stuff.

Sollee

12. sirchai

There's a place where you can post some teaching material when you click on classroom, right on top.

13. DigitalGypsy

Eh? There are dozens of entries for young language learners or books on teaching them?

Oxford Discovery is in there, the complete set including workbooks and student books, plus audio. The Side by Side set is in there also, and Oxford Incredible English. Not to mention books on games, printable worksheets, creative English activities, reading activities etc etc

I don't know where you were looking but it's not where I was....

try here

or here

I also scrolled back through previous posts for about a year and that took the best part of an hour as there were so many. Seek and you shall find my friend, seek and you shall find :thumbs up

DG

sirchai likes this.
  14. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Great source of material. Thanks!

Anyone with lesson or unit planning to do, should check out the tes website. It’s a goldmine of free resources.

Teaching resources | TES

15. sirchai

Thanks for the links, these guys have plenty of good and free stuff. Nastrovie.

( Please imagine the sound of a bursting Wodka glass)