1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of legit online English teaching schools

Discussion in 'Staffroom' started by Chan Chan, 10 Mar 2017.

1. Joel Lupro

Joel Lupro New Member

I would like to see the spreadsheet with online schools that you made. Plus the FB link. Thanks from Oregon, USA, Joel

Mr. Chips likes this.
  2. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Active Member

Hello to Ramses.
    1) Any tips on how to excel in the demo?
    2) If I were to go out and get a new computer (in order to get off to a fresh and new start)....
    What would you suggest my minimum requirements would be for that purchase?

Thanks in advance!

3. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Active Member

OK. I'll answer my own lame questions.
    1) Do a good job.
    2) Get a good computer.
    I have been using contact with VIP Kids. They are very responsive.
    Ramses: How can I insure that you get your due credit for introducing them? I have not actually enrolled yet.

4. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

the link you follow has a referral code imbedded it... I can track the progress of anyone who has started the process using my referral id

There are youtube videos that show the interviews and mock classes. For some reason they have become more selective lately. That will surely change as summer approaches there. The influx of new students is quite surprising.

I would recommend a 13 inch touchscreen. I have not gotten a new laptop yet. I think making sure you have a stable internet connection is more important.

Mr. Chips likes this.
  5. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Active Member

Thanks again. I'm not sure whether I will enroll until properly set up and ready to go.
    I noted the importance of setting up your own homepage.
    Is this done within their site, or did you set up a link to an external site of your own?

Last one. I further noted that you should use other teaching sites (some you have to pay for). Which one would you suggest is the best for a beginner like myself. Apologies is this was already addressed
    Thanks

6. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

For VIP Kid? Your profile gets populated automatically. No need to do anything really. Give them a couple decent photos, and you are good. You will have to upload a video after you are hired. Everything is contained within the portal. No need for anything outside of that.

None. All your materials are provided for you. I can link you to youtube videos that will aid in passing the interview. VIP Kid material is all produced internally and is all proprietary. You do not need and should not spend money on external teaching materials.

Complete side note: Today is the 20th. As of last night I had 1007 USD for the month. I will end up with just north of 2000 for the month. That in addition to my salary.

Mr. Chips likes this.
  7. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Active Member

Dear Ramses,
    You have been unbelievably kind with your propmt and informative responses.
    Thank you very very much.

ramses likes this.
  8. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I got paid for March! Over 80k this month :) It is becoming perfectly clear that my school can not come close to matching my income. My third pay was more than 10K over my pay from the school, and April will see that number swell to close to 90K.

DigitalGypsy likes this.
  9. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

I am also laughing. I'm with Dada in China. Just 3 hours, 4 days a week @ $17 nets me 25000 a month for time i used to spend smoking and drinking.

ramses, DigitalGypsy and portnoy58 like this.
  10. DigitalGypsy

DigitalGypsy Well-Known Member

Good stuff!! Sounds like a nice addition to the regular Thai-TEFLer wage here. I have yet to get around to it myself but I intend to. Just out of curiosity, what's your setup? - are you using a built in laptop cam, or did you buy a headset/webcam etc? What's your broadband like? - I'll have to use my phone as a 4g hotspot as mine is shared and unreliable...

DG

11. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

You have to have a fast connection.. They test it during the interview.
    I just use my phone headphones and my laptop webcam on skype

DigitalGypsy likes this.
  12. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I have a Toshiba laptop with and use the webcam on the laptop. I have a pair of headphones.

The webcam windows are built into the interface, as is your powerpoint presentation for the lesson.

My dl speed is 30mbps (but the reality is I never sniff that speed - but it is plenty). As with TT, the tech issues are sorted during the interview/ hiring process.

DigitalGypsy likes this.
  13. DigitalGypsy

DigitalGypsy Well-Known Member

My phone gives me around 35Mbps upload / download speeds at peak performance, and around 20-25 at regular times. That should be enough I take it then? I can plug it directly into my laptop via USB and use it as a modem (Upload speeds are always higher than download speeds for some reason too)

DG

[​IMG]

14. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher AKA phuketbound

Here is a comprehensive list of companies where you can teach English online in a variety of countries including their websites.

List of Online English Teaching Companies - Good Air Language

When I lived in South Korea, I worked part-time teaching English online with Carrot English. They sent me a phone and it was pretty easy teaching once you got used to their system.

sirchai and DigitalGypsy like this.
  15. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

That's really fast, mine's only 10% of that through my condo's wi-fi. You're supposed to have a cable connection of 3mb/s although just to use a webcam thats seems excessive, it's hardly the busting the boundaries of technology.

DigitalGypsy likes this.