1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Khon Kaen City

Discussion in 'Region Guides' started by DigitalGypsy, 25 Jan 2013.

1. hazza11

hazza11 New Member

Yes, I have been in KK over 3 months now and from what I have heard have been put off somewhat about teaching here.

2. daiwill

daiwill Member

To all the above, (excluding myself obviously) haven't any of you, from reading sites like this and AJ dot com, picked up on the fact that the sort of experiences you are generally describing are the norm in Thailand rather than being the exceptions. Welcome to Teaching in Thailand if you are only just beginning to realise this. On the other hand if you just go along with everything, sit back realise that whatever you think you can changem you can't then you will probably survive at your schools, if you don't you will either stress yourselves and be eternally searching for the perfect school or stress the staff at your respective schools too much and they will sack you

3. hazza11

hazza11 New Member

daiwill, the point I was trying to make, but not very clear was so many schools in KK are not run by english companies.
    Personally, I do not want to sign through an agency. I would rather be paid less and work rurally.

4. SaigonTed

SaigonTed New Member

I agree with not wanting to work for an agency. I work for an agency now, and I am unhappy with them. If possible, I'd rather get the same pay, but work for the school.

5. SaigonTed

SaigonTed New Member

I agree with the above, in terms of not wanting to go through an agency. I am with an agency now, and am unhappy with it overall.

6. Thailand28

Thailand28 New Member

Well, if everything was so "obvious" then what's the point of having forums like this in the first place, if people should have already "picked it up before?" I agree that once a teacher understands the way things work here, it is best to go along with it, or else you'll get stressed out and burned out quickly here. That is a good point :happy1:.

7. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

That sounds like my previous school. Is it KKN?

8. Thailand28

Thailand28 New Member

I sent you a PM. You aren't far off on the school you guessed! :happy1: