1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jobs website

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by SageAdvice, 24 Nov 2016.

1. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Thread Starter Well-Known Member

DavidUSA likes this.
  2. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher AKA phuketbound

^The good thing about that site is teachers can leave reviews for certain schools or organizations. I was asked to leave a review for a few schools in Korea.

SageAdvice likes this.
  3. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher AKA phuketbound

Another site for jobs in Asia/Thailand.

Teach in Thailand - Teaching English in Thailand - Teaching in Thailand | Teach Away Inc.

International School Jobs - I have not used this site, but have heard decent things.

Recruitment Tools: teacher vacancies, administrative vacancies, web resume, CV / Resume Sampler, job fairs, job guide

International Schools - I am a paid member and this is a great site for jobs around the world.

Teach Abroad | International Teaching | The International Educator (TIE Online)

Last edited: 24 Nov 2016
  4. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

It lists a lot of jobs in a lot of places. In my opinion, it looks very good.

My dream is to teach for a year in Iran, but such work seems hard to find. If anyone has any ideas about teaching in Iran, let me know. I plan on settling down in Thailand, but I would like to do one year in the Middle East (for old time's sake).

5. SageAdvice

Particularly if you have a US passport. Although probably the most interesting country in the Gulf area, it is also highly suspect of anyone teaching Satan's language.

sirchai likes this.
  6. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

I have lived in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Egypt, and Kuwait. During those times I heard several Brits and Americans talk about their experience of living or traveling in Iran, and they all said the same things: treated exceptionally well, a warm welcome, invited to people's homes, privately treated like a celebrity, etc. To me, it is very strange that Iranians are vilified, especially since they have such a rich culture. The perception and the reality are vastly different. I bet that living there would be fantastic.

7. SageAdvice

I lived there for 3.5 years. Had it not been for the revolution, I would still be there. The people have very little to do with the religious fanatics in the government...and the basics of Farsi are not all that difficult to acquire. However, with things as they are, I'd stay away.