1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Jobs for the "over 60" crowd at Thai government institutions

Discussion in 'Employment Contracts' started by Clown, 18 Jun 2016.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

My boss hired such a teacher. In the past, when I recommended such action, it was shot down.

While I'm stressed out over not getting the Police clearance (4 weeks and counting), my boss let slip that the older NES won't need to submit his fingerprints. Oh, really? Those with grey hair and on an O-Visa are exempt?!?

2. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

Not exempt... but not being hired properly either...
    If you don't need a work permit to keep the visa and don't need the waiver to get the work permit or need the education office involved then there is no problem with paperwork either.

The funds come out of some slush account rather than regular payroll.
    Welcome to government schools in action. Creative book keeping at its finest.

3. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

Something sounds fishy. I hope that older NES gets his whole paycheck, or any paycheck at all.

Submitting fingerprints and getting a police check are intended to protect the kids. The school is wrong and they know it.

4. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

Everyone likes foreigners here on 'o' visas based on kids or marriage. Easy for everyone.
    But dodgy not giving his fingerprints.
    I once briefly worked with an aggressive Iranian guy who was trying to convince everyone he was American. He wouldn't scan his thumb for the signing in machine.

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

It's cheaper. Teachers over 60 can't subscribe to SSO. Saves the employer 50% of the monthly contribution which is up to 750 THB.