1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job offer in China......

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by sirchai, 3 Feb 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Dear Pinocchio,

Job Posting # 263519 Feb 2, 2017
    Now HERE’s the job you should apply for!
    China (Hangzhou and Huzhou)

• 12000 CNY
    • Requisites: Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Education)
    • Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL, Nursery, Elementary, Curriculum Developer, ESL to Children, Kindergarten, High School, University, French, Spanish, Science, Math/Physics, TEFL, TESOL, English, Teacher, Trainer, ESL, ESOL, Summer Camp
    Details:

[​IMG]★ Year-round logistics support from our experienced bilingual HR team ★
    ★ Two-week orientation on EF product knowledge and practical teaching skills ★
    ★ 3-day guaranteed e-mail response to all applications and/or letters of interest ★
    ★ Airport pick up, welcome package (including refreshments), and welcome dinner.★
    ★ Access to a wealth of teaching resources (prepared and structured lesson plans) ★
    ★ Flexible start dates: Interview today and get a confirmed job offer 6 months early! ★
    ★ Ongoing professional training and support with access to a 6,000RMB study
    allowance★
    ★ Sponsored TEFL and free access to distance learning courses (including TKT
    modules) ★
    Compensation Package:
    - NET Monthly salary of up to 12,000 RMB (depending on experience)
    -Yearly 1000rmb increase for base salary.
    - Round-trip international flight allowance of over 10,000RMB
    - Quarterly performance-based bonus of 2,000RMB
    - Contract renewal bonus over 5,000 RMB
    - Staff referral bonus of 3,000RMB
    Company Benefits:
    - Chinese lessons (online and in class)
    - Round-trip international flight allowance
    - Airport pick-up and ongoing logistics support
    - Legal work (Z) visas and residence permits
    - Standard medical check and medical health insurance
    - Fully-furnished shared accommodation (with fellow EF colleagues)
    Fun Times:
    - Regular team building activities
    - Paid annual leave (10-15 days)
    - Paid Chinese national holidays (11 days) + Christmas (1 day) + the option of unpaid
    leave
    Training and Development:
    - Intensive orientation training (2 weeks)
    - Ongoing professional training and support (TKT/TEFL/TESOL/ESOL)
    - Study allowance (including Chinese lessons)
    Qualifications:
    - Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in B.Ed or MA in English)
    - Must be a graduate of a university in the USA, UK, IE, CAN, SA, AUS, or NZ
    - Two years of work experience (post-university)
    - 120-hour TEFL/ TESOL certificate, CELTA, or PGCE
    - Formal teaching experience with children is highly desirable

Job Description:
    - Maintain student and class records
    - Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
    - Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
    - Give lessons to the highest standards of English language teaching
    - Attend and participate in workshops in teacher development offered by the center
    Hangzhou
    Popularly known as ’God’s Country’ and regarded as one of the two paradises on earth
    by the Chinese people, Hangzhou offers an ideal destination for anyone seeking to live in
    China. In October 2001, Hangzhou was selected for the Habitant Scroll of Honor Award
    by the United Nations center for Human Settlement. Most recently, Hangzhou has been
    chosen as the 2016 Host City for the G20 Summit.
    Education First (EF) Hangzhou and Huzhou
    Thus far, we have successfully established a franchise of seven (7) award-winning
    centers, including six (6) local language schools centrally located in Hangzhou and one
    (1) in Huzhou. As one of the most established and successful franchises in the Education
    First network, EF Hangzhou offers a wonderful working environment. EF Education First
    Hangzhou is looking for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals that are looking to build
    their TEFL career through cultural diversity. These positions would suit those seeking to
    develop as TEFL teachers. If you get excited at the idea of teaching students of all age
    levels, then feel free to get in touch and apply. Prospective teachers should be prepared
    for a professional teaching environment. Whether you are just starting out as an EFL
    teacher, or have accumulated a great deal of experience in this field, Education First is a
    sound choice for your next step. Taking advantage of EF’s 50 years of experience in the
    EFL industry, Education First can provide any candidate with the ideal environment to
    develop professionally. Education First’s market in China is growing rapidly and offers
    plenty of opportunity for career development. Our centers are designed to offer ample of
    support both academically and through pastoral care creating an ideal atmosphere to
    work and live. We hope to hear from you soon! ;-)

[​IMG]
    CLICK HERE TO APPLY
    IMPORTANT: Teachers should be wary of any employer that asks you to pay certain fees or expenses as a precondition for receiving employment!
    If you are no longer available and do not wish to receive additional job alerts: Freeze Your Profile

[​IMG]

2. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

12,000 CNY doesn't even get an e-mailed resume from me. That's kind of low, after taxes.

DavidUSA likes this.
  3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

61,000 THB indeed not that much. Interesting to see that NNES can apply.

DavidUSA and sirchai like this.
  4. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

It's probably ok as an entry level position but the low salary apart what it doesn't really say is you'll be working Saturdays and Sundays and evenings as it is a language centre - hence the small leave allowance of 11-15 days; also I'd want to clarify if shared accommodation means sharing a room or sharing an apartment. But for a younger person it's probably not a bad way to break into the Chinese job scene.

5. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Sirchai and

6. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

It's About the Cost of Living
    As you know, a lot of NES and NNES work in China, especially at colleges and universities, and they only make 6,000 CNY a month. But they get a lot of time off: a month-long winter holiday and a couple months off in the summer. Most colleges continue to pay salaries during the holidays, especially when the salaries are low.

That 12,000 CNY net is not terrible, but it is rather low for a major city. Keep in mind that your average Chinese teacher is only making 2500 to 3000 a month. I made 12,000 CNY, before taxes, during my first year in China, and it was good because of the low cost of living in my town. But in my second year I asked to be bumped up to 14,000 after taxes. It's all about the cost of living. 12,000 in Shanghai is low, but 12,000 is nice in a small city. And the job is important: at some jobs one does not work that much. A lot of Chinese companies hire a foreigner because they have to. It has to do with rules about starting overseas businesses. It makes a company look good when they have a foreigner on the staff. It really means something to them--it casts an aura and sends a message to the other Chinese people about the success and importance of the company/school.

If you get an offer in which everything looks good: visa support, independent housing that is nice, utilities paid, bonus, a good flight allowance, insurance, etc., and it is off the beaten path, then 12,000 CNY is good. But realize that your opportunities of making money on the side will be fewer than in a big city--and your hourly pay will be lower.

I know I made a good decision: I chose medium-sized, successful company in which I would be their first foreign teacher. It was, and is, straight-up VIP treatment. I often find myself draining a wineglass next to the CEO. I respect these people--smart, decent, fair. The CEO is acute, business savvy, and a nice guy. If you are going to come to China it might be a good idea to get a sense of what the people are like in your prospective company/school. You can do that over Skype.

I chose to be the lone foreigner. I did not want to be around any party goers. I wanted to see the real China. I see another white person about once every three months, and it is the same guy, an American teacher on the other side of town. For me, it has been extremely interesting to dive into China this way, but I know it is not for everyone. I recommend taking a job for 12,000 before taxes, in a small city with a good company, as long as the rest of the package looks good. After you learn what is going in China and you really get the big picture, you can move on to a higher paying job or ask for a big raise.

One thing not to forget: whatever you do, make sure to ask if the company has permission to hire a foreigner. If they do not have permission, then say no.

On the other hand, 12,000 CNY is a lot less than you can make in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, and Beijing (cough, cough). But the cost of living is much higher. And you have to be careful. You might earn 17,500, but does that include housing? In Shanghai, by all accounts, housing is not cheap.

Lastly, before packing one's bags and signing a contract, give Mr. Donald Trump a little time to see whether or not WW III has begun. Bannon, his advisor, said the US will definitely be at war with China --in the South China Sea-- in the next five years. I wish it were a joke. It's not.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2017
    sirchai likes this.
  7. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

Flight allowance is on the high end. Quarterly bonus is nice. Contract renewal bonus would come in handy. Promised raise is OK. But you guys are right: 12,000 is rather low, especially for a major city.

That is lot of time off. I would ask for the 15 days to be written into the contract.

Tells you that the place has standards.

How else do you teach foreigners but "through diversity"? Dumb.

I am sorry to say it, but EF does not have a good reputation amongst the foreign teachers I have spoken with. Meten, on the other hand, enjoys a good reputation.

I thought the leave was good, but maybe you are used to long breaks! I agree with you on the rest.

8. sirchai

A good one, thanks. What many American people might not have yet realized is that the times of the World Police America are long gone.

In times where Russian hackers are able to manipulate many things in the States.

I don't know if it's true that Russia manipulated a little bit, I can only read some online articles and then decide.

<If these reports are correct, it would be powerful evidence that the Russians weren’t just trying to sow general chaos — they were specifically trying to make Donald Trump, rather than Hillary Clinton, the next president of the United States.

The CIA’s analysis, according to the Times and Post summaries of the CIA’s reasoning, is that the Russians appear to have also hacked computer systems belonging to the Republican Party. But whereas the Democrats’ emails found their way to WikiLeaks, Republican emails stayed under wraps.

Russian hackers, Donald Trump, and the 2016 election, explained - Vox

Sorry, for being off, but I believe that a WW III could be a cyber war. Once you control all systems of a country, it should be easy to win.

Did anybody even learn anything from WW I & II? Maybe only Dr. Mengele $ friends.
    It's too obvious that America's always having a huge interest in countries with oil.

One month a war with Iran, where plenty of weapons are sold, then Iraq becomes the friend and they sell the weapons to them. Then they become an enemy again and all starts from the beginning. The oil comes for free.

One of the biggest mistakes in the short history of the States was the Vietnam war.

And it started with the killings of the native population. Similar to British criminals who did a great job in wiping out the native Australians.

Wherever white men are going they tend to destroy everything.

West Germany was occupied by American soldiers for a long long time and they've never made a peace agreement.

American tanks destroyed German roads every week, American cars didn't have to have an insurance that worked with the German law and they did what they wanted.

They did Germany a great favor to take the "Frauleins" back home and married them.

I've worked for the American Army quite a long time and made translations for them and for our city major.

I knew things I wasn't allowed to talk about. Nukes in a little forest were only waiting to fly to Russia. There were many days when the soldiers were on highest alert.

But I still believe that America isn't as powerful as they might think they are.

Just wait and see.

9. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

I worked on 12,000 rmb a month in my first year. It is certainly do-able as I live off of 9,000 a month now and send the rest home. Many Chinese teachers who work in my school get 5000-6000 rmb and that is really low. 12,000 is a higher end ESL teacher salary and they say depending on experience, so you could be getting less, which I wouldn't want to live on in a big city. Hangzhou may be do-able.

In a language school like EF you will be working a lot of hours. Paid leave of 10 days holiday is standard in language schools. If you are serious about teaching in China, I'd look at public schools as you work less hours and some have good perks/pay.

10. Internationalteacher

Fair, but you are a certified teacher with a B.Ed. , correct?
    12,000 is low, but if you have housing, flights, utilities, and a chance to work at a good school (language school is not), then it could be okay to start. Many ESL people work on a lower wage then that here in Beijing.

11. sirchai

New Job Offer 264274 from China
    SA

Job Posting # 264274 Feb 4, 2017
    ESL Teacher
    China (Linyi, Shandong,)

• 12000 CNY
    • Requisites:
    • Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL, Elementary, ESL to Children, Kindergarten
    Details:
    William English is now recruiting full time foreign language teachers for our school in
    Linyi, Shandong, China.
    Requirements
    - Able to start working immediately
    - Native English Speakers preferred
    - Bachelor Degree or above;preferred
    - At least two years of teaching experience preferrred
    - Candidates with working experience in foreign language schools are preferred
    - Certificates in related areas, such as TESOL, TEFL or ESOL are preferred
    Benefits
    Monhhly salary of 10,000 + bonuses and commisions
    Bonus of 10,000 RMB upon completion of one year contract
    1000 RMB housing allowance or fully furnished shared apartment.
    Paid holidays including all national holidays in China
    10 days off Winter break paid vacation with 5000 travel bonus
    10 days off Summer break paid vacation with 5000 travel bonus
    Successful teachers will be offered the opportunity to become a partner and have their own branch business

Contract duration: one year
    Basic documents for application
    1. Resume with photo, indicating nationality, education and working background
    2. Diploma and TESOL/TEFL Certificate if applicable
    3. Passport copy
    * Only short listed applicants will be contacted

A fully shared apartment, hmm. Please page me if you need the contact details.

12. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

...and so on:confused

Come on Mr. Chai ....no need to derail your own thread, this is a thread about a "Job offer in China" innit ...wrong thread and better suited over in a recent Trump thread .....pretty please with sugar on top, try to stay on topic.
    :lost it

13. sirchai

Sorry, my apologies.

14. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

Half correct. I am a credentialed teacher with a degree specific to a field :)

15. Internationalteacher

^Excellent, then I'd suggest if you are thinking of moving on from Thailand, to be looking at international school positions for middle high or whatever grade/subject that you teach. It is Math that you teach, I think.