1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

Discussion in 'The Movie and Television Lounge' started by keeshou, 11 Mar 2015.

1. keeshou

keeshou Thread Starter Laoshi

Damn what a pickle the BBC is in:

Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC: Top Gear episode cancelled following with producer - People - News - The Independent

Jeremy Clarkson may have presented his final edition of Top Gear after the BBC dramatically suspended the controversial presenter following an altercation with a producer.

The incident is believed to relate to a single punch thrown by Clarkson at a male producer during a dispute last week.

The remaining three Top Gear episodes in the current series have now been postponed.

Both Clarkson and the BBC have agree to make no further comment about the circumstances surrounding the suspension. Two further remaining episodes have also been “postponed” pending further investigations.

As the news broke Clarkson joked on Twitter with his Top Gear co-stars about what the BBC would replace the show with.

After James May suggested the film 633 Squadron, Clarkson said: “No, no, no. Where Eagles Dare. Much better.”

Richard Hammond meanwhile suggested Last of the Summer Wine, telling his colleagues that no one would notice the difference. “Job done,” he said.

It is the latest in a string of incidents surrounding the outspoken presenter. Clarkson was already on a final warning from the BBC following accusations of racism. Danny Cohen, the BBC’s director of television, who had previously warned Clarkson that “no one person is bigger than the BBC”, is believed to have ordered the suspension, after receiving reports of the incident.

2. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

apparently it was over food.

3. keeshou

A food fight?

What was it about?

4. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

i read that he his the producer because there was no food ready for before/after filming. but i cant find it now.

it wasn't from a brilliantly credible source...

5. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

6. keeshou

I found this in the independent

Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC: Top Gear presenter - People - News - The Independent

Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC: Top Gear presenter 'punched producer because he didn't have dinner ready'

7. bahn_farang

more than fair

8. dave123

dave123 Smurf Diver

The BBC is full of dick heads running it, give themselves outrages salaries ALL from some stupid law that says, owning a TV you need to give them money. Should be made to sell their shows like other countries, I doubt Jeremy Clarkson will be unemployed for long, he is one of the best presenters the BBC has got, with a great sense of humour.
    Every one in the UK should tell the BBC to fu%$ off with their outdated morals and TV license. :smile2:

9. kiwidrew

kiwidrew Active Member

Is it possible the "star status" has made his head swell a little too much?

10. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

There's a great 25 second clip of channel 5 asking James May what happened and he say he couldn't remember cos he was blind drunk 

11. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Outdated morals, Dave? You think punching the producer because his dinner wasn't ready is OK? He sounds like a spoilt brat to me!

12. bahn_farang

you look after people who pay the bills/make money. Not providing for the star is like biting the hand that feeds

13. keeshou

It certainly is, but you have to admit he does speak his mind. The irony of Jeremy is that despite his ongoing ridicule of Americans, he acts more like the American he ridicules. That's what makes watching him so entertaining, the same with Gordon Ramsey. You never know what's going to come out of their mouths, but it will be honest.

14. dave123

dave123 Smurf Diver

answered for me

He calls a slope a slope :-) my driveway has a slope on it ;-) very handy when it rains.

15. keeshou

OK sometimes his form of honesty runs towards the more backward of my American brethren.