1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it time for a " Bullet?"

Discussion in 'Residing in Thailand' started by sirchai, 14 Jun 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I had the good luck to drive a rented Royal Enfield 350 cc Bullet on my six month India and Sri Lanka holiday right after graduation. :celebrate1

I really fell in love with the new model, sorry the phone's battery was empty and i could only get a shot of the "one seat teaser."

Now you can buy a 500 cc with fuel injection for 178,000 baht. It's not a Harley, but it would be good enough to give me "the kick." It seems to be a much better deal than two freaking scooters to me.

I saw them at the Big C downtown a week ago and might buy one if it turns out that there'll be parts available as well.

The front fender is really made out of good metal and all in all, it looked quite good.

It wasn't that bad that the Brits introduced their bikes to India, even when Mahatma Gandhi had a different opinion. Perhaps, he's only sick and tired of fatty Fish n' Chips?

Should anybody out there have some more and reliable information about the Enfields, I'd be more than happy to know if it would be a good deal to buy one.

The ones in India had the rear break pedal on the left side, these bikes are "normal."

It's completely different when you're switching gears with your right leg while you hit a calf. Only the bike was damaged a bit, but it was very close to end up badly.

The break pedal hit a tree trunk and only god knows why i had my foot off at the time of the impact.

Good luck that i was able to drive away before the Lynch Mob caught me. :go10

Any input is deeply appreciated. :idea

20170609_185200.jpg

Stamp likes this.
  2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

image.png This is what I would love to have.

Wangsuda and sirchai like this.
  3. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I got you. A Honda is a Honda and it's easy to get parts.

That's why I'm trying to get some more information before I'm even getting serious about it. And I'd have to finance it which is something I've never done and really don't want to do.

It would be great to have the rate a Thai teacher's paying for a credit, but......no comment.

You can't make a test ride, there's no dealership and i won't buy such a bike at a Big C.

But it seems that some bikers might have some fun soon.

P.S. Adding: "Would like to have." If you can afford it, why don't you do it? We're not getting any younger in the future and i call it my freedom to hit the 226 after school.

All the bs's gone in a few minutes.

Cheers.

4. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

Saw one of those at the Honda store when I got my bike serviced. Very sweet! 29k down and 4k a month. I almost did it!

Stamp likes this.
  5. Stamp

You're right.
    Nice deal.

Wangsuda likes this.
  6. marcusb

marcusb Active Member

I was only half impressed with the rebel I saw. seemed ok, but lacking in the finer touches. For example it looks like the fuel tank was just plunked on there and doesn't really blend in smoothly. Thats just me. I would certainly fork over the extra and get the 500 as I think the 300 will be sluggish.
    Sirchai, if you contact a Honda dealer you can test ride or rent one somewhere. The Rideasia.net forum has a big thread about the Enfields, a lot of positive stuff. (I have an ER6n I'll be selling soon if you're interested, cheap)
    Just added a KTM 390 Duke to the stable and very very impressed with it. Comes with Pirelli Rosso ll s, slipper clutch, brembo brakes, finely cast swing arm, and lots of attention to smaller details.

Stamp likes this.
  7. Stamp

Wow!

8. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

I vote yes on the Enfield...long as you can get parts

9. marcusb

marcusb Active Member