1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International school is ripping off parents say Thai and foreign mums and dads

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by Ajarn P. Paul, 15 Feb 2017.

1. Ajarn P. Paul

Ajarn P. Paul Thread Starter มันเป็นวันที่น่าเศร้าในวันนี้ในประเทศไทย ...

15 February 2017

PATTAYA: — Angry parents in Pattaya have gone to the government’s help group Damrongtham Centre to complain about their children’s international school.

They say they are paying for a full term but only getting part time tuition. Curriculums are all messed up and there is poor health standards, reoirted Pattaya News.

The parents were accompanied by several students in uniform but the school was not named on the Pattaya News Facebook page.

Parent Rossukhon Curran (name transliterated from Thai language), 39, said they were promised an international curriculum but the school has failed to deliver. They were meant to get a full term for which they had paid but their kids had only got 11 weeks.

In addition there was not even any tissue paper or soap for the children to wash their hands.

When parents complained the school hierarchy just ignored them, she said, adding that most of the students were of mixed nationality.

Taking the complaint at Damrongtham in Banglamung, Tharanya Amornlertpraiwong said that the parents should put their complaints in writing first.

Their grievances would then be properly considered with the possibility that an investigative team of relevant authorities could be sent into the school to investigate their claims.

Source: Pattaya News

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Urm, simple though eh ...next term enrol your kid in another inter program and be sure to spread the word as to why.

"School not named" ... oh well defamation and all that and I suppose when it could well be a government institution then its best not to talk about it. However, on 'another forum' it is quite clear.

sirchai likes this.
  3. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

curriculum but the school has failed to deliver

Hmmm, sounds somehow very familiar to me. Go with the flow, or leave the show. :cursing

Edited to use a better word for a better world.

4. sirchai

I hope that nobody will take me to court for that: The name of the school is: "Meilouarrai" Marlie Wittaya

5. sirchai

You should always read a post very carefully.

In addition, there was not even any tissue paper or soap for the children to wash their hands :laughing5:laughing5:laughing5:laughing5

:celebrate2:smiling:celebrate2:aloof:cursing I', at my fourth and I haven't seen any of those things yet. Isn't a water gun enough?