1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ifugao Diploma in Teacher Education & Some Info...

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by sirchai, 28 Jan 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

It was an exception through health issues where they dec
    It seems that they've got a new company, but Dr. Robert Galindez is involved. What really makes me wonder is that Ifugao is nowhere mentioned.

Wasn't it Ifugao that got their status approved by the TCT? It seems that this is a new organization with some old members of Ifugao?

I've got no idea what that means in the end.

Ifugao still exists, so why isn't there anything from Ifugao on the form?

I couldn't resist to show you the photo, don't they look a bit like knights? I mean a sort of....

Please see: Enrollment for 2ndTerm SY 2014-2015 now... - St Roberts Global Education and Marketing Services | Facebook

Unreal.jpg

2. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Yes, I finished last July, however I didn't pay for the course until a while after I'd graduated and my sealed transcripts took over 3 months to process and arrive, so it's not their fault.

sirchai and Stamp like this.
  3. sirchai

Thanks a lot for your answer. Have a good one.

Hey_ewe likes this.
  4. Hey_ewe

I haven't heard anything about a new company or collage set up. Where did you hear that? As far as I'm aware, IFUGAO is a bricks and motar university that awards the qualification. St Robert's is an affiliated college of the university. There are a number of other Filipino universities that are affiliated, running a variety of courses.

It seems to be recognised by khrusapa which is the most important thing. I presume there is some kind of kickback going on somewhere.

5. sirchai

I'm sorry, wasn't my plan to spread any rumors here. The new enrollment form doesn't show anything related to Ifugao.

"Belamine Global Education" sounds so brand new to me, that's all.

My apologies if it's still the same one, just under a different company/ name.

Please see attached enrollment form, posted by another member a few days ago.

Cheers and a great rest of the week.

P.S. But it shows Dr. Robert Galindez's name, who is, or was working at Ifugao.

Attached Files:

6. Hey_ewe

Yes, that's the same as I enrolled with before. It's probably some kind of parent company, as they seem to have a private school too.

7. sirchai

I've signed up in January 2016 and had a completely different form with the Ifugao Logo on the left top side.

Here's some "Edmodo Instruction" for the new students. A completely new world will open up for you then. Or not. Or both. :thumbs up:cheers:cold

Attached Files:

DigitalGypsy likes this.
  8. Nab88

Nab88 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have posted this message on another thread but hope to get an answer here as well.

About the school being accredited by KURUSAPA to get the 5 year permanent teaching licence,

It seems to me that there is no definite answer...

I was at both IFUGAO bangkok and KURUSAPA office a few days ago (the same day), the school saying that there was no problem on the accreditation.

However reception lady at KURUSAPA said that it was Ok for now but not sure "in the future". What has to be understood there?

I would like to attend the school before my waiver expiration

Thanks for the responses

9. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Welcome to the best site for teaching in Thailand/China.

With respect, If I have this straight, you are asking whether in the future the...............?

Bluntly and uncharacteristically politely, I have yet to meet anyone who can predict the whims of policy (not a Thailand thing) so unfortunately as it stands the situation is as the lady said. Roll the dice take your chance.

10. Nab88

Nab88 New Member

@bahn_farang thanks for the answer

Well, that is what I also thought. Though I did not talk to an "officer" that day but just the receptionist.

She is obviously just aware of was she is being told from the hierarchy

However I am just wondering, if that school's status has to change any time soon regarding KURUSAPA what would happen to those who are already relying on it (already studying to get the DipTed and teacher licence)?

Plus, for which reasons Kurusapa would not accredit it anymore "in the future" as she said?:chinrub

11. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

My friend, your guess is as good as the next

sirchai likes this.
  12. Hey_ewe

Getting a straight answer from a government department is like trying to find rocking horse shit! =D

I went to Khruspa for a waiver a month or so ago and the foreign teachers unit were aware of the course. They gave me a 4th waiver with a certificate of completion from IFUGAO/St Roberts. I've finished my course but haven't finished paying for it yet, so I haven't got my actual certificate and transcripts yet. The officer from khrusapa said as soon as I've got them I should send them off for my full licence. There was no question of IFUGAO's accreditation at all and I know teachers who have their full licences via the IFUGAO DipEd course.

It's about as straight an answer as you'll get but who knows if it will change in the future? My advice is, if you need a 4th waiver sign up for 5k, get your 2 year waiver, take the course and then pay the outstanding balance at the end submit all the other requirements and get your full 5 year licence. If in the very unlikely event that they loose their accreditation, you've only paid 5k, which is worth it for the waiver alone.

I reckon that somewhere along the lines at MoE or Khrusapa IFUGAO/St Roberts have 'ensured' their accreditation status, so providing that link is kept in place all will be fine. Also the government does seem to have come to some realisation, that some kind of realistic route needs to be in place to licence foreign teachers, rather than the ridiculous tests they offered in the past. Khrusapa were even handing out flyers for St Theresa's college to waiver applicants last year.

13. sirchai

You never know until you know. Right now that course is accredited by TCT and will hopefully be.

But when you read the news regarding education in Thailand there's seldom something that makes much sense.

The country that not too many moons ago wanted to become an educational hub now needs a lot of ( foreign) help to get their problems sorted.

But too many of the Caucasian race have already caused so many problems that it's way easier to have much cheaper labor.

Considering the ASEAN community, there could be a Minister who decides that all these whiteys are way too expensive and only members of the 10 ASEAN member countries are allowed to work here as Englis, or subject teachers. Only Buddha knows.

On the other hand, could I also get killed by an airborne coconut on my first beach holiday after six years, when sitting under a mango tree after a seven-hour drive.

Nobody can predict the future and nothing is impossible.
    We're all foreigners in Thailand and we'll always be.

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Mar 2017