1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ifugao Diploma in Teacher Education & Some Info...

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by sirchai, 28 Jan 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

As you all might know it's pretty difficult to find the right answer when trying to get in touch with anybody from the Ifugao team.

I was lucky today and could finally get all my stuff sorted ( hopefully and with Buddha's help) and know at least more than I did before.

Assignments, even some from the end of September were still ( and I guess they still are) sitting on the Edmodo page awaiting a grade, in total six assignments.

I've already fully paid my tuition fee and received green light that they've got all the receipts and of course the money today after many weeks of not knowing anything.

Grace is a lovely woman, but I truly believe that dealing with 298 classmates, ( the actual number right now) is a task where I'd really pass. That's why you seldom receive an answer when you want one.

The graduation will be in June, could also be in July, and depending on unknown circumstances the diplomas won't be given out on that day and we all have to wait a few more weeks.

I think they'll use some similar looking diplomas for the photo shooting event and I might make it to Bangkok on that day.

I didn't attend the f 2 f classes through my pain in my artificial knee, so it was really a pain in the arse to get that far.

If anybody needs to get in touch with Vladimer, an employee who seems to be somehow related to Grace please feel free to send me a message and I'll send you his e-mail and phone number.

He usually replies within a day, or two. For those who're still in between the course, have a lot of fun and enjoy each and every lesson and assignment. And please think that it could be worse.

Just think about the license and all will be a little smoother. A nice rest of the weekend. :cold:cursing

2. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

they give you the presentation folder with no certificate in it.

im still trying to get mine posted to me.

sirchai likes this.
  3. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Member

Sirchai. Thanks as always for these updates. I have not made a move on this course yet, but the clock is ticking.

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

Holy buffalo cow....as far as I remember were you in the course a year before me, right?

What takes that long? I'm glad that I could at least get the news yesterday that I've paid all fees, unfortunately, there's no confirmation mail, or so.

When I signed up in January 2016 I was almost sure that the whole thing would only take 8 to 10 months, but I was -again- wrong.

A few weeks after graduation could also be a few months, but I'm okay if they issue a certificate that I've completed and have hopefully passed the most difficult assignments of the 21st century.

I need something to show when I'm applying for a new job, so it's a little bit inconvenient to me, but I'll have to wait. Let's wait together.

Cry when you want to smile and smile when you feel like crying. Cheers- :cold:confused:cold

5. DigitalGypsy

DigitalGypsy Well-Known Member

Hope it's OK to jump on the tail of this thread and ask a few hurried questions?

So, I've been thinking of doing the IFUGAO diploma course this year as a backup to my M.Ed. I've been told that my M.Ed will allow me to gain the Thai license, but I won't graduate until spring-summer 2018, and that's if there are no delays, mess ups, illnesses, or other such unforeseen circumstances in the meantime.

I was thinking if I could complete the diploma course I could then apply for my license and won't have to panic if I need more time with my thesis. The money aspect is not an issue, having the license would offset that ten-fold.

My questions for those that have completed it or are doing it at the moment are as follows:

Do I have to attend any actual classes?
    What's the workload like? (An assignment a week, 3 a week, less or more?)
    How much do I need to pay up front?
    Do you rate it as a valuable course?
    Can I graduate without picking up the diploma in person?
    Who do I contact about signing up, is there a website for this course? (apols if this info is posted elsewhere)

All advice gratefully welcomed,

DG

UKmark67 likes this.
  6. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Could you get a letter from your university to say you're enrolled on a masters course? That should be enough to get another waiver.

Yes, you do need to attend some face to face classes, about 8 in total I think. These are on a Saturday or Sunday. Each class has one assignment and theres a portfolio to submit towards the end. Its not that much work at all.

You don't have to go to the ceremony but you still have to pay the 5k fee, whether you go or not. It's not exactly academically rigorous compared to a UK university, more like a GCSE or 'A' level but still you might learn a few things. You'll get out what you put in but for most the main use of this course is getting teacher licence.

You only need to pay 5k up front and that in itself is enough to get a letter for another waiver.

I haven't got my full 5 year licence yet but Khrusapa were aware of the course and said it was just a case of applying and that it would very straightforward.

Enrollment - St. Robert'sĀ Group of Companies

gracegalindez@yahoo.com

vladimergalindez@gmail.com

They can be quite slow at replying to emails.

Good luck

DigitalGypsy and Stamp like this.
  7. sirchai

Hello and a good evening,

Honestly speaking, you should be okay for another waiver, or waivers should you change schools.

Once you've submitted the enrollment form ( and got in touch with Grace), they'll issue a certificate that you're doing the course which will help you should your main way don't work out for whatever reasons.

The total is 55.5 K and payable in monthly installments, no problem if you pay the whole sum by the end of the course, it's pretty much relaxed.

You can choose between Pattaya, Korat ( Nakhon Ratchasima), or Chiang Mai and choose the day that's convenient for you.

No matter how you're doing it, you'll get something out of it. When I look back, I did quite a lot of research for my assignments and that helped me a lot to learn new things.

You do not have to attend the graduation which is only once a year.

So if you start now, you'd basically have to wait for next year in June, or July to graduate, even when you make the course within 8 to 10 months, which is possible.

You'll still have to wait a few more weeks ( months?) after graduation to receive the Diploma, the graduation is just for photo shooting purposes.

I saw that Hey_ewe (a real nice guy and very helpful member) has already posted the links to St Roberts.

Here's the facebook page where you can reach Grace, please make sure that she adds you: Search

St Robert's St Roberts Global Education and Marketing Services - Photos | Facebook

Please be aware that you could start in term 3, the order depends on the time when you start and submit your application.

If you want an answer to a question you're better of to send an e-mail to Vladimer, he usually replies within a day, or two.

If there's anything you want to know, please do not hesitate to ask. I hope that I could be a little help, have a good week.

Attached Files:

DigitalGypsy and Stamp like this.
  8. sirchai

9. DigitalGypsy

Cheers for all the replies guys, this is what I love about TT.A, no BS, straight to the point with useful information, all done with courtesy.

Thanks again:thai wai

Yes, I prob could get a waiver with my current M.Ed status but I was just thinking of doing the IFUGAO course to take the pressure off and kill two birds with one stone, as they say

DG

BTW, has anyone here attended the classes in Korat? If so, what are they like and what is usually required at them? (tell me it's not those god-awful teambuilding exercises where they assign goofy tasks to get everyone settled and comfortable with each other...)

10. sirchai

I didn't attend any classes and I was actually the one asking for a closer spot than Bangkok.

But as far as I remember they sometimes pray, so please don't forget your bible. Lol

I'm not making jokes about believers, I just found it a little odd.

Some members seem to attend the Korat group and will hopefully tell you the truth.

DigitalGypsy likes this.
  11. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Yes, I attended classes in Korat. They weren't too bad and I met some nice people. Class starts at 9am and finishes by 3pm with an hour for lunch. All of my classes were on a Sunday if you can't make one you can travel to BKK or elsewhere to make up the class. The classes are still held in city park hotel, which is opposite the mall. Most of the students are Filipino so there are occasional religious elements but nothing over the top.

Theres lots of psychology and educational methodology. You could easily crack out your monthly assignment in two or three hours. I've seen coursework by other candidates, who accidentally uploaded their assignments on the online portal...repeatedly!! It was clear to see most of it was pure google cut and paste, without even bothering to reformat or resize the fonts and leaving weblinks in. They won't have learned a single thing through the process, more fool them.

As I've already said, it's not exactly academically challenging and the standards and expectations are not particularly high. IFUGAO/St Roberts is not going to be topping the South East Asia university league tables any time soon.

Morning sessions tend to be going through powerpoint slide very quickly and then a quick group presentation late morning/early afternoon. The small conference room was quite full when I took the course last year, so it's worth turning up a few minutes early to grab a seat with a table, otherwise you might end up in an aisle seat.

The Edmondo online portal is pretty crap and the reading material is often not uploaded until the last minute. I'm pretty sure I still have it all so I can email it all in advance if you want it. I doubt they will have changed much if anything at all.

If you want to get hold of Grace Facebook is the best medium. Theres a St Roberts Facebook group you can join

"St Roberts Global Education & Management Services"

sirchai and DigitalGypsy like this.
  12. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Member

Just an FYI that this is an enrollment form sent to me from Ifugao website when I made initial contact last night ( just leaving a message to Grace on the website).
    Appears to be either a new form or org. set up....or all in the family?? The DipTED info. was also included on the standard email received with the enrollment form.

Attached Files:

DigitalGypsy likes this.
  13. sirchai

Thanks for the good laugh..aehh great post. I don't know why, but the last assignment took ages, educational technology- technology in education.

I really hurried up to be within the deadline and all of a sudden was everything postponed. But I tend to believe that quite a few things will also be changed within your course.

You're right about e mostly very poor assignments that were posted on the open forum, visible for all. I've seen quite a few very very short assignment where I was really shocked about the quality of the researched topics.

I've still got all my stuff somewhere and it wouldn't be a big deal to text it to you.

But I'm finally really happy that I did a lot of research and also learned a bit about various teaching techniques, etc..

Hey_ewe, sorry for asking again, but didn't you start in 2015 and finish the course in 2016 and still waiting for the Diploma?

Muchos Gracias. Buenos Noches. :cold

14. DigitalGypsy

Hi Sirchai,

You didn't attend any classes at all? - Was that an issue or did it affect your overall grade or completion in any way?

DG

15. DigitalGypsy

I appreciate the offer Sirchai, thanks. You don't have to send me the fruits of your hard labor though, that would be making it too easy for me ;) it would be great if you could list off a couple of the assignment titles though, so I could get an idea of what was covered (I've prob covered most of it in my M.Ed, at this stage I must have written 3-40 assignments!)

Were they essay-type assignments, or group projects? Anything taxing, enlightening, or fresh and suprising?

DG