1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool How to make sure when it's time to change ( and clone) your HD..

Discussion in 'Computers and Electronics' started by sirchai, 2 Dec 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I'm using Hard drive sentinel for a few years now and it's really amazing what the program does for you.

It's not just showing the temperature of your HD's, it also shows health and reliability.

Once you see a drop from 100 % ( as it should be) to 60 -, you should think about saving all and everything.

That's when your HD can die overnight. If you clone it in time you only have to exchange your hard drive and all is as it was before.

Here's the Sentinel: Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 4.50 Build 6845 Final (download torrent) - TPB
    ( currently 16 seeders)

And here's a fantastic clone program: Acronis Disk Director 12.0.3219 Final + key (download torrent) - TPB

But you can also use Macrium, which is free and very reliable:

Macrium Reflect Free

2. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

Another option if your HDD is getting old,replace it with a Samsung SSD. Cheap and comes with easy to use migration software.

sirchai likes this.
  3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Agree on this one, Fred. Have a 120GB system drive in my desktop. However, capacity. A 500 GB or 1 TB is still expensive.

sirchai likes this.
  4. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Well-Known Member

True that. I have a couple of external 500gb HDDs I use for storage. I think it's safer not storing stuff on the laptop anyway. The SSD's fast enough that transferring to the external drive isn't much of an issue. Alot cheaper than buying a 500 gb solid state.

sirchai and Stamp like this.
  5. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

A 500 Gb drive is more than enough. Most PC users store bigger files on an external drive.

A 500 GB SSD now is still between 7 and 8,000 + baht.

Buy Samsung 500GB 2.5" SSD 850 Evo Series (MZ-75E500BW) - invadeit.co.th

But the prices are going down and it's worth to wait a few months.

64 GB San Disc memory sticks went down to 500 something baht. Time is on our side.

6. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Mac OSX users can use the disk utility to do a first aid check on all drives and partitions.