1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Social and Public Events Calender' started by ramses, 27 Nov 2014.

1. ramses

ramses Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

I wish that my school had Friday off (as would be the case back home). But if for some reason I don't make it in to work tomorrow it will be because I either ate too much turkey and drank too much wine, stayed up too late watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and football, or both.

While I normally rail against the excesses of the US, Thanksgiving is the one time I am willfully a hypocrite. Those of you in cities large enough to have a Meridian hotel, you can rest assured there will be a nice Thanksgiving spread. Those of you in Bangkok can go to Bourbon Street, or grab something to heat up at home from Villa Market or get a rather inexpensive meal from the diner inside Foodland.

Have Happy Thanksgiving, even if you aren't a Yank.

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Happy Thanksgiving.

thanksgiving_dinner_1280x1024.jpg

thanksgiving_dinner_1280x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  3. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Happy belated Thanksgiving. :thumbsup2:

In the UK, we also have a traditional holiday where turkey is served for dinner, call 'Christmas'. :smile2:

Check these guys out for future reference. They currently offer a seemingly unnatural Turkey Brie option but might provide stuffing next month; reminds me of an old joke...:hilarious:

I say unnatural but I enjoyed a foot long Philly Cheese Steak sandwich the other day. Beef & cheese? Somehow works. :confused:

Le Lapin Bangkok - Le Lapin sandwich & food delivery