1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

work permit Guidance for teacher - TCT declines provisional teaching permit - teacher license

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by bgorgeous2006, 3 Sep 2015.

1. bgorgeous2006

bgorgeous2006 Thread Starter New Member

Hello, I have a non B visa and applied for my teacher's license in order to get my work permit and 12 month visa. It was declined. My degree is not recognized. What other options are there for me? please help

Sent from my SHV-E120K using Tapatalk

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

First of all, welcome to Thailand Teaching. :welcome2

The Teachers' Council of Thailand and all other governments institutions use the degrees accreditation database from the Office of the Civil Service Commission (OCSC). Here's the link: Lists of accredited universities by the Office of the Civil Service Commission OCSC | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand. It's know that its database is very outdated.

On Thailand Teaching we had several discussions on the accreditation of degrees. Teachers' Council of Thailand Doesn't Recognise the IAU/ UNESCO Universities Database | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

I'm afraid that you will not be able to work in basic education schools as a teacher (as described in the Teachers and Educational Personnel Act 2003) as you won't be able to obtain a provisional teaching permit from the TCT.

In other threads you can read that teachers without degrees or with unaccredited degrees were able to work in basic education schools in other occupations than teachers and were successful. They try to work as educational personnel as stipulated in Criteria and Conditions for Temporary Stay - Immigration Order 138/ 2557 | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand under reason of necessity 2.7.