1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Government launches '20 year strategic education plan'.

Discussion in 'Education from Thailand' started by Gor Blimey Guvnur!, 16 Jan 2017.

1. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

Has been in discussion for some time now. Here's the latest report in the Bangkok Post.

Govt launches '20-year strategic education plan' | Bangkok Post: news

""Any policy of future governments must follow this framework," he said."

Would be great but ...

"The minister also vowed to eliminate corruption in the ministry, saying that legal action will be taken against corrupt officials. The lack of policy continuity has hurt the education system. Thailand has had 21 education ministers in the past 18 years, which means that on average, each of them served only nine months."

... corruption appears endemic and hard to remove ...and yup the tenure of each Ed minister is too short thus ...

"As soon as a new education minister is appointed, they tend to look at their own initiatives -- not [the policies] introduced by their predecessors,"

...this is what happens and proposed policy is not pushed through. So problems identified but where is the solution in concrete terms and not just the wordage in this latest article?

2. OxfordDon

OxfordDon Well-Known Member

Gor luvaduck

as my dear old grandad used to say!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! likes this.
  3. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

Just a one month plan would be a start.
    How about getting the students to shut up and listen? That seems the first step from my government school experience.

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! Thread Starter What the duck ! Staff Member

I should have added: " A 20 year military government":duh ... no, second thoughts please ignore this idea.:chinrub