1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free certificates for people who live in Thailand...

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by sirchai, 16 Jan 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

There's an organization offering free courses, many education related and I've done a few already.

There's a new course ( besides all the others) covering nutrition and wellbeing and people in Thailand receive a free certificate when you sign up before the end of March.

It's quite interesting because people all over the world are joining in. There's nothing to lose and those who need some certificates to show some development could eventually have some benefits through such a certificate.

Please see: Nutrition and Wellbeing - Free online course

Nutrition and wellbeing.png

DavidUSA likes this.
  2. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

Futurelearn again.. It's the 3rd time you've told us about this, aside from bahn farrang and poetry posting about it before. All right for free, but not when you have to pay for a certificate.

jackthehat likes this.
  3. OxfordDon

OxfordDon Well-Known Member

Nice one chai.

And some of these courses are relevant to ELT/TESOL.

Here's one about corpus linguistics from the University of Lancaster which was recently ranked 8th/9th in the UK.

Corpus Linguistics: Method, Analysis, Interpretation - Free online course

A few courses also earn university credits

Of course they're all just tasters, but you might like the flavour.

sirchai and DavidUSA like this.
  4. sirchai

Too tired to read? This one is free for people in Thailand.

jackthehat likes this.
  5. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

Yes, and how much do you have to pay for the certificate? 2000?
    Mai hen free
    Me too tired to read? I've read about fuckerlearn 5 times on here from 3 different posters already. Using my precious bandwidth as well as my failing eyesight on something that's been posted before.

6. sirchai

Please see image.
    Tony, I did a few courses and only wanted to have one that was education related. It was about 3 K, or so and was shipped to Thailand. Maybe in a banana boat from the UK?

But once more, this one is free for people who live in Thailand. Why don't you click on the link and see with your own eyes?

It's free. The certificate is free of charge. No money needed to receive this certificate.

Please choose a different country and you'll see that it's not for free. You gotta be really tired, Tony.

jackthehat likes this.
  7. sirchai

Thanks a lot. Please help me to make sure that the tired guy gets it for free. I had a lot of fun with people from all around the world, made plenty of jokes together with people from all around the world and finally learned something I didn't know before.

Thanks for your post, they really have some good courses from time to time and some certificates really help some TEFLERS in Thailand to receive another 2-year waiver.

I'm not working for this company and I'm not promoting their company, I only like the idea to do something that can be funny, helpful for your job and it's freaking free.

Not even the death is free. Cheers-

OxfordDon likes this.
  8. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

I have also done a course with them before, and now I can't get off their mailing list. "Lily at futurelearn" every week.
    I also didn't pay for the certificate because they wanted 35 quid and some.
    It's a MOOC scheme, run (and funded) by the open university supposedly to create an online learning community and to offer a visibly easy route into higher education. A 'taster'.
    So fill your boots and go for it. Free.
    Sorry Som, bad day.

FutureLearn and free courses: is this what students really want? | Higher Education Network | The Guardian

sirchai likes this.