1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few Questions

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by P Chang, 20 Aug 2014.

  1. Mister T

    Mister T Retired, fat and happy

    9 Dec 2010
    Likes Received:
    If it is a twelve month contract, some are not and the 40 is not enough.:no:
  2. P Chang

    P Chang Thread Starter Smooth Operator

    7 Aug 2014
    Likes Received:
    I'll be living there for years (3 to 5), so I'll likely just keep at least 400k baht in my Thai bank account like I did previously. In this age of terrorism, it seems the U.S. has really shoved their nose into international wire transfers and my current bank here in the States does not even allow them anymore. So, best I keep plenty of currency on hand over there for emergencies because I'd hate to need money in a hurry only to find out the wire transfer will take a while (already takes about 3 days). This leads me to a topic I'd like to ask about, but will do so in a new thread.
  3. gungchang

    gungchang Well-Known Member

    16 Oct 2011
    Likes Received:
    Regarding the income required to extend an O visa: When I tried to extend as the husband of a Thai wife using my work permit as evidence of income, I had to show that my salary was at least 40K per month.

    When I then extended as an "expert" using my teaching license and job, my salary wasn't checked.

    My extension stamp does indeed have a number (XXXXX/57) written near the top. It may be a sequence number of some sort.

    The name of my school is written near the bottom of the stamp, something I'd never noticed before.
  4. Stamp

    Stamp Administrator Staff Member

    26 Nov 2010
    Likes Received:
    That means that you've an extension of the permission of temporary stay based on employment. Reason of Necessity 2.6 or 2.7. :happy1:

Share This Page