1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entry level Benz in Thailand

Discussion in 'Travel' started by bahn_farang, 12 Dec 2016.

1. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

It is, perhaps, a benefit of living in Thailand to dream. Well that is, is it not, why at least some reside within this paradise of irregularity? I have started to dream of owning the pinnacle of engineering masterpieces - a Benz. The brand is so far removed from the mediocre of the Toyota and Honda duopoly which dulls the motor scene of the country some of us call home that I hesitate through lack of knowledge.

Perhaps Sirchai's germanic experience/blood could contribute.

I have started such a dream. Usually after initial thoughts, I progress to want and thereafter need. Well, we only live once (depending on your religious beliefs). With this in mind a quick question for those who follow the 'car scene'. Benz have the entry CLA and the C class (Let's not over imagine and stretch the dreams of S for at least another ten years), the CLA is a substantial 500 000 cheaper but does the C offer an extra 1/2 million punch.

sirchai likes this.
  2. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

It seems that we both have the same dream. I saw such a car on my way to Ubon and couldn't look away.

I only had older Benz in my life in Germany, but I could never afford it to buy the 500 series.

The 200 CLK Cabriolet is such a dream that I feel with you. God, the sound of the engine, the acceleration, wood and leather inside and a great navigator and sound system.

BF, looking at the price does hurt a lot. P.S. I followed the 200 yesterday for about 15 minutes, white chassis and red roof.

You can do 250 km/h and no wind is disturbing you with your open roof.

On the "promotion website" is a problem. Please try it later: http://www.mercedes-benz.co.th/cont...l#_int_passengercars:home:core-navi:promotion

Model overview

Here's something for private customers, but I don't find the 200, only the 300 Cabriolet.

https://www.mercedes-benz-leasing.co.th/calculator/

Also my dream car.jpg

Benz 200 CLK Cabriolet.jpg

Northeastern2 dealership.jpg

bahn_farang likes this.
  3. bahn_farang

With two young girls, my convertible days are 10 years too late or 10 years too early , depending on which way you look at it. Just over 2m doesn't sound a lot if you say it quickly. We can but dream.

Screen Shot 2559-12-12 at 11.28.33 PM.png

sirchai likes this.
  4. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

the annoying part is that the service and spare parts are a premium price too

Stamp and sirchai like this.
  5. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

For those lusting after a Benz:

a) arrive here with the cash to pay for one (and spare parts) or
    b) marry into local money

Otherwise, join the police force in Abu Dhabi: a Benz is the standard issue (Arabic on car doors: "police").

phskidex-226.jpg

sirchai likes this.
  6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

sirchai likes this.
  7. Stamp

Still wish I could drive a Mercedes Benz C as you do, po3try. :thumbs up

sirchai likes this.
  8. sirchai

The 16.2 million baht for the "bigger convertible" sounds very cheap to me. Holy buffaloes.

I almost bought an old W 123 series in CXhonburi back in 2004, but nothing was original. Neither the engine nor gear box.

Okay, it had the star that helps to navigate after a few Leo's......:laughing5

It stays a dream within a dream.....

9. sirchai

Photos, please. :drinking

10. bahn_farang

Looks like I will get a second hand one. My wife says that there are many in Bangkok. Does anybody know of a navigable site with up to date second hand ones?

Screen Shot 2559-12-13 at 9.49.40 AM.png

11. bahn_farang

12. Stamp

13. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Luv Mercs, had three of them ...230, 280, 450, but none newer than 5 years old. Mind you, and you'd love it BF, won a snooker challenge in the 90's with a friend, Best of seven my 50 quid against swap my 230E for your brand new 500SL for the weekend ....I won 4-0 as I really wanted to win that bet. Man oooo man it was the best car I have ever had the pleasure to drive. Alas I couldn't afford one on 20 odd thousand quid a year ...I think they were about 80K at the time.

Mind you BF, I like the 200SLK's around 2008/2009 model ...seen those in Uk for about 450,000 baht ....wonder how much they are here. Oh and forget about the saucepans ....buy a fun car eh.

bahn_farang likes this.
  14. Stamp

The only Mercedes Benz I ever had was the one in the picture.

269_l.jpg

sirchai and Wangsuda like this.
  15. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

I had an E220 diesel as a work car for a while a couple of years back but still the current model I believe. A very nice car great looking (especially with those newer style LED lights), comfortable, spacious, economical for a big car and quick. I looked and found that model went for about £35k in the UK (1.7mb at the time) when I looked at Mercedes Thailand they were 4mb or £80k. The car import tax here is insane, it forces everyone to drive the same dull Japanese boxes...normally in HiSo white:vomit

sirchai and bahn_farang like this.