1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Do I need to have 5 months visa or more to issue TL?

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by Ajarn Greg, 2 Aug 2016.

1. Ajarn Greg

Ajarn Greg Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Well the time had come and today I went to the TCT's Offices to submit my application for a TL. It was not a surprise to me that something has changed again and I will need to return at this place soon with additional documents. So what is new today.

1) The polite fellow with the blue gloves, (has been mentioned already I think), started to check the papers and saw that I had only 40 days left. He said "We need 60 days at least to proceed so we cannot start as you have only 40 in visa. But as you are qualified we can issue a 2 years waiver to settle visa and work permit and come back."

2) The KS.01 form has changed and it is not the one that you can download from the site.

3) The "certification of assessment" need to be written in a form that is provided by TCT. This form need to be signed by the Director of the school and 2 - 4 other Thai teachers from the school. Their professional ID verified copies should be also attached on the certification.

Stamp likes this.
  2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for this update. Sorry to hear about the 60 days requirement. At least we know now that the 5-months period was untrue.

Any chance to post a copy of both documents on this forum.

Any news in regards to the degree verification as introduced as new rule somewhere in 2015?

3. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

The requirement was first reported by BM nonphixion back in February...

Help - Application for teacher's license knocked back | Page 2 | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

...although he needed 4 'observations' from Thai teachers, one of whom had to be the Director.

Ajarn Greg likes this.
  4. Ajarn Greg

I have managed to find from the administration the evaluation form that is requested by TCT translated in English, (maybe:tongue). Here it is. evform1.jpg

evform2.jpg

Mati, Stamp and GanDoonToonPet like this.
  5. Stamp

@ Ajarn Greg - Thank you very much. :thumbs up

6. Ajarn Greg

As I was eligible for a full teaching licence but did not have enough days remaining visa on my passport to start procedure TCT issued 4th waiver on my name. Although we've posted the envelope around 25 days before the expiration date of my visa in less than 10 days the waiver arrived by EMS in less than 10 Days.

Stamp likes this.
  7. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Plus updating her farcebook page that she';s in a "bad mood?"

gungchang likes this.
  8. Stamp

Congratulations. :)

Ajarn Greg likes this.
  9. Ajarn Greg

I've just checked the TCT's Database and I found out that also the number of waivers on my name has been changed from 3 to 1.
    The other strange thing that happened is that as I need to have a supervisor teacher that will participate in my official evaluation that TCT requires and although we had all our papers ready to go the assigned supervisor came and requested the lesson plans of 1 year in order to evaluate me... (She said "you need to submit them to school not to TCT"...):angy10

10. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

That happened to pretty much everybody that the number of "waivers" now only shows # one. But that doesn't mean that they don't have ALL your information, even after you've applied for a new passport, your full name seems to be enough to get all infos about you in their system.

But I remember a while ago when their website was down and it's possible that they had lost a lot of foreign teachers' details.

Lesson plans for one year sounds insane. But I had to do that at my former school as well, knowing that nobody would read more than maybe two pages.

Let's face it, please. You can't plan a whole year with all the holidays, boy scout and other activities that seem to be way more important than English lessons.

Right now, I'd have to produce 10 lesson plans per week, science, math and English a' three hours for two EP classes, plus two hours of "ordinary" grade six students where the majority can't even write their names in English.

So I keep my lesson plans short, only one for each subject/ class and that's okay.