1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degree Notarisation

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by GanDoonToonPet, 10 Jul 2014.

1. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Thread Starter Well-Known Member

A teacher at my school recently had to get his degree notarised by the British embassy in order renew his WP / Extension. Is this a new requirement? I renewed mine a couple of years ago & wasn't asked to do this. I haven't been asked to do this for my initial WP next week either. :confused:

BTW it cost him 4000B, FFS. :money2:

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Universities accredited by the OCSC are registered in its database. The database is outdated. It might go back to the nineties. There's a thread about this database. The TCT refers to that database in its PTP requirements.

I can imagine that when the applicant's university degree isn't in the database, Labour or Immigration may ask for verification.

3. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I never thought of that. Maybe he has a degree from the OU, I don't know. Although he's been at the school for a few years & hasn't been asked to do it before. :confused:

4. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Had this problem at my school last year. Out of 4 teachers, the NZ guy got his waiver, two Brits had to get their universities to send a letter of confirmation (of their degree) direct to the TCT, and the Aussie guy was refused his because his uni is not recognized by TCT. Me and another teacher who had been working here for a couple of years were not asked to get our degrees notarised. Selective checks? Dunno. No idea.:confused:

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member