1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Condolences from the German Ambassador and some useful information...

Discussion in 'General News from other countries' started by sirchai, 13 Oct 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Dear members,

I'm pretty sure that we are all shocked regarding the tragic news that His Majesty the King has passed away.

I'd like to share the letter from my Ambassador with you which also contains some details which all residents who live in Thailand, as well as tourists should be aware of.

Please excuse my poor translation, I just did it very fast. But I hope that you'll get the point.

Dear compatriots,

with the death of the Thai King, his Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world has lost an outstanding monarch and a head of State, whose meaning extends far beyond Asia. His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej has largely determined the fate of Thailand for 70 years and campaigned tirelessly for peace and for the well-being of the Thai people.

On behalf of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany and of the German people, I would like to express my heartfelt condolences to the Royal family and to all Thai people. A longtime friendship of more than 150 years connects Germany and the Kingdom of Thailand. In the spirit of this deep connection, we mourn with the Thai people for the loss of his Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

The mourning period ordered by the Royal household takes a year.
    Daily public ritual/prayer at the Dusit take place during this mourning period in Bangkok Palace (in the Grand Palace).

For the next 30 days, mourning flagging was arranged and it was announced, that no festivities may be carried out. For these 30 days and beyond constraints of social and public life cannot be ruled out. We therefore strongly recommend residents and travelers in Thailand to be vigilant and to comply with the orders of the local security forces and authorities through media and social networks about the current situation. Also, we will continue to inform you about the latest developments on our homepage (www. XXXXXXXX)

Peter Pruegel, German Ambassador, Bangkok