1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cats vs Dogs

Discussion in 'Pets: Our Best Companions' started by bird, 5 Feb 2011.

1. bird

bird Thread Starter Member

I have two cats and three dogs.

I love them all, but I must admit I love my cats more . . .

He's not with us any more, but he loved to jump into the fridge, and stay in there for a couple of minutes every day . . .

[​IMG]

2. russellsimpson

russellsimpson New Member

I'd say "cute cat" but I don't like cats enough for that.

(and how are you ever going to get that fridge clean again:confused:)

Dogs are man's best friend.:happy1:

Cats are basically untrainable and sponges.

I'd never allow a cat indoors.:no:

Anyway, looks like you had a cat of the non hair shedding variety.

In any case my sympathies and may she rest in peace.

3. bird

Thanks, russell.

Dobby and Chicky are still alive & kicking:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. bioxx

bioxx Member

My last best friend b4 leaving, not really my dog but she liked my food and care

P195.jpg

P195.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  5. Makaveli

Makaveli aka 2Pac Staff Member

I must have some pics knocking around of my 2 dogs, i'll get them up when I find them...

6. Makaveli

Found a few

100_2960.jpg 100_3066.jpg 100_2962.jpg 100_3065.jpg 100_2963.jpg 100_3056.jpg 100_2967.jpg

100_2960.jpg

100_3066.jpg

100_2962.jpg

100_3065.jpg

100_2963.jpg

100_3056.jpg

100_2967.jpg

bird likes this.
  7. bioxx

bioxx Member

I must admit I miss that time :bye:

P181.jpg

P181.jpg

bird likes this.
  8. bioxx

bioxx Member

They look like a bundle of work/joy/play :thumbsup2:

9. Makaveli

The daughter loves playing with them, as as they're Golden R, they are great with her too...

10. zeusbheld

zeusbheld Member

they're not obedient little fascists like dogs but the notion that cats are untrainable is a myth. one has to know how to read a cat though because moreso than dogs, cats tend to assume *you* are trainable. if you mean trainable to actually do work *some* kinds of dogs are very capable yes. the biggest problem with dogs is dog owners. as much as dog lovers like to wax poetic about how trainable dogs are, all too often dog owners can't even train their dogs to be good citizens. cats can adapt to being low-profile pretty readily but dogs get really neurotic and obnoxious if you don't make it clear to them what's expected of them. sadly it seems the notion that dogs actually like being told what to do seems to be lost on most Thais, at least everywhere that i've lived.

would you allow a dog in, or are you an all-pets-outdoors type? dogs imo are light years behind cats on the clean-enough-for-indoors scale. they smell awful and attract a far greater variety of parasites and diseases (including genetic ones due to excessive inbreeding). if you're having a cat indoors, be prepared to change the litterbox and vacuum. if you're having a dog indoors, be prepared to vacuum, wash the dog reasonably often, and let it out or walk it every time it needs to do its business. then there's that barking problem...

i let my cat indoors... i just don't let him outdoors. great for things like his safety, cleanliness, parasite avoidance, although i screw up the last one by bringing fleas home every time i visit the neighbors' dogs. if you keep a dog inside like that he or she will probably go insane. on the other hand, if the dog's small enough to keep in an apartment it's probably so inbred insanity will be the least of its worries.

incidentally if you want the most affectionate, hassle-free pet possible, get a boy if you're getting a cat, and a girl if you're getting a dog. there's a reason why wannabe gangstas call each other 'dog'... although i the connotations of the term 'bitch' are a bit harsh, it would work better if it were the word for female cat...

11. russellsimpson

russellsimpson New Member

Definitely I fall into that category.

12. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Superwoman

Cute pics! Love the cat in the fridge..hehe.

I prefer cats over dogs. Cats are less maintenance and you can leave a cat for hours at a time. Dogs on the other hand are needier and require more attention.
    I'm really close to my parents cat called 'princess'. She's a black cat with orangish/yellowish stripes. I'll find a picture of her later.

13. bird

His name was Gato. One day he just disappeared . . .

14. po3try

po3try Guest

We had a stray cat come sniffing around the other day so we gave it a bit to eat and some milk. Rather cute lil thing.

It's probably given me fleas or something though..:hilarious:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's been back a couple of times since.

15. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for sharing, po3try. :thumbsup2:

No disrespect meant but did you know that when taking images with a Nokia E71, you have to push the T(2) button to focus? You'll hear the focus signal and will see a green rectangle when focus is set. When it can't focus, the rectangle is red.