1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-B Can I leave Thailand by air on a non B?

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by markkk, 13 Sep 2016.

1. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

sound advice
    Best not to assume is my advice. Would suggest you get a copy of your tax receipt from the local tax office as an over precaution

Hey_ewe likes this.
  2. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

This here.

I have left the country a few times and had my non-b automatically cancelled. Otherwise, markkk would have to take another day to obtain a cancellation letter from his former school and have immigration cancel his old non-b. Why bother? When you leave by air it's done automatically. As I said in my prior response, I know of a couple of guys who did it by mistake and had to reapply for a non-b. Markkk doesn't want to reapply at his old school or did I misunderstand this? It wouldn't be the first time.

3. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

Having re-read the original post, I see that his previous employer does not want to issue a cancellation letter. Problem solved in leaving the country by air. At least this has been my own personal experience and that of my colleagues that did it by mistake.

4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

But what if you come to the wrong officer who dislikes foreigners in general?

It's by air, but just to point out that something could happen was the "wanted land crossing of our Filipina, who thought she'd bypass all laws and tried to leave Thailand via Sawannakhet.

Not just the full overstay had to be paid, they sent her to the place where she worked before to get the letter and she had to cancel her work permit at the DoL.

Why would I even risk to lose my flight and a lot of other problems that c o u l d occur?

That's maybe my German "Gruendlichkeit"( thoroughness), not wanting to have huge problems at the airport about something that can't be discussed.

An Immigration officer can decide what's right and what's wrong.

Missing my flight alone would really annoy me a lot ( sorry, really piss me off, driving back and trying to meet all these guys and and and ) and I couldn't blame anybody else than myself.

5. markkk

markkk Thread Starter Member

I will let you know how it goes. Im pretty sure ill be fine. i think thais generally like us brits and thus I will be ok. if not ill buy a re entry at the airport.. but i will let you know when im in uk.

6. marcusb

marcusb Active Member

yeah, I noticed that on the video in Hua Hin a while back :) :)

I crossed into laos with the motorbike, ended up with a fistful of papers, while I'm sorting them out the border guy doesn't see my re-entry permit in my passport, cancels my non-b and hands it back to me. I didn't even look, let him finish with the motorcycle papers and off I went. Two weeks later returning to Thailand I explained everything and they canceled the cancel and took my re entry….. You never know here.. :)

Stamp likes this.
  7. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

At least they wanted to listen and corrected their mistake. :thumbs up

Guess your advice would be - always check the stamps in the passport when exiting and entering.

8. marcusb

marcusb Active Member

^ That's like rule number 1, I was pretty embarrassed I let it slip….

bahn_farang and Stamp like this.
  9. markkk

markkk Thread Starter Member

I am in airport now, they stamped me in like i was a tourist . thanks for the inputs though guys. it helped me stick to my guns, and not cough up baht for nothing

10. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

If you want to be 100% safe, stay out of Thailand.

But where's the %*&@ ing fun in that?

portnoy58 likes this.