1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I get a work permit for my third school?

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by Will18, 20 Sep 2014.

1. Will18

Will18 Thread Starter New Member

I have been teaching in LOS for almost a year. I am leaving my current school to go teach in a different Provence. My agency says they do not know how I will get a new work permit because I have already worked for 2 schools. With my agency, no work permit = no job.

Is their anything I can do to get a work permit?

Cheers

2. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

Depends how many waivers you were given for the teachers license. Guessing in one year and two schools they did not even bother to apply. If you are lucky and they have been their usual incompetent admins, you could have a clean slate. Good luck :cheers2:

3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

What he said.

4. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the schools (or teacher) need to apply (and get) a waiver in order to get a WP and visa extension for those first two jobs?

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Although stated in the WP.1 (initial work permit) requirements, it appears not being enforced in all provinces.

6. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

^ Lucky for some. The Labour office and immigration were both very clear to me that I needed one this year. The Labour office even made me wait until I had the certificate from Kurusapa rather than a receipt for a waiver from Kurusapa, holding back my WP application for 2 weeks.

7. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

Three schools in under a year? wow!

8. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Do you need one in France?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Childish I know.

3 schools in under a year. Is your name Tiredtony?

Good luck with the application or you could always work in a tuition school.

Attached Files:

9. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Seems your agency isn't really honest with you. I do not think that they really applied for a few within a year.

Please see link: ( When using Google you can translate it into English) You can either type your full name in the forth row, or your passport number in the third.

+ + + Êӹѡ§Ò¹àÅ¢Ò¸Ô¡ÒäØÃØÊÀÒ + + +
    Then click the third box and you'll see how many waivers have been issued. BTW, I'm on my third now, but not working for an agency.

Have you ever thought about that the agency might now want you anymore?

Greetings from lower northeast.

10. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

are you sure you are not being shown the door? It might be a face saving exercise at they don't have the requisite gonads to let you know you won't cut it. They have placed you in 2 schools, burned through both your waivers, and have sent you to another province knowing that you have no more waivers, and no possibility for a WP. Their insistence that no WP = no job is a big clue they are done with you. Not only that, it is unlikely that if you have had 2 waivers in a year (or perhaps even a single term) that you will be hard pressed to find a job anywhere.

Best of luck with it.

11. sirchai

I personally don't believe that they actually applied for a provisional TL, or two. I didn't read anything that the OP had signed an application form, or something similar.

Please check your status on the Khurusapha link,if they're lying to you, it's time to look for direct employment.

Maybe a sign to look for a real job. Not just being a number. Best of luck.

12. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I'm about to upset a few folks with my shorthand, but wth. tbh, idk. however, there are 3 possibilities I see - as we know the company has stated no WP no job.

He has had 2 jobs, if 1 or 2 jobs he has not had a WP, then the company is full of sh*t, in which case who knows what will happen at the newest school.
    Both jobs he has had a WP (and has used his waivers), in which case, he is likely screwed.
    The reason for 3 jobs in less than a year is because the agency is not able to get a WP for him, in which case he is screwed.

If it is case number one, the OP might be better off going at it alone, either case 2 or 3, it doesn't look to good if he wants to stay at the agency.

But, yes, he can check to see how many waivers he has used.

fwiw, I am on my second waiver and holding (if the ksp website is to be believed).

13. sirchai

They "update" your status, once the provisional TL is issued, usually on the same day. Third school, in not even one year?

Could it be that the Op was "just too good" for the job? Just curious, as one term is the norm.

Even guys who don't know much about pedagogy, usually stay one term, if the school doesn't get rid of the agency.

14. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

The school may have applied for it on his behalf. It has happened before.

Will18, did you have a WP and an extension of stay for both your previous positions? And have you checked the kurusapa website for your waiver status?

15. Will18

Will18 Thread Starter New Member

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I did receive a work permit for my second school.

I checked the kurusapa site. It appears that I have only had one waiver. Is that correct?

TCT.jpg

TCT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015