1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping in airports

Discussion in 'Travel' started by steveolevi, 23 Dec 2015.

1. steveolevi

steveolevi Thread Starter Well-Known Member

This morning at around 4:00 am I came across an unfortunate person at Chiang Mai International Airport. When I told the young European woman in the sleeping bag that she was in Thailand and should try to act respectfully she gave me the finger, and angrily said: "Fuck you". Maybe I was insensitive, but I think the Euro-trash bitch was just trying to beat the cost of a room for the night.

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Mister T and Stamp like this.
  2. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

I personally don't see how she's offending anyone's cultural sensitivities. Yes, she's certainly being a messy scutter, but anyone who's had a long wait for a flight, has probably let their baggage spread a bit. Living out of your backpack isn't easy. In my experience, the worst behaved tourists I've come across are Thai and Chinese tourists.

3. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

And you were appointed to the morality police when? If Thais were offended, Thais would deal with it. If the airport had a problem, airport security would have dealt with it.

4. Teacher MARK

Teacher MARK Banned

God, the Chinese are just awful travelers!

I don't see what the charming lady with the backpack was doing that was insensitive.
    There was no shortage of seats for other people and she wasn't creating a fuss.
    In fact, it's precisely this endearing quality of tolerance that attracts these types of visitors to Thailand.

The OP sounds a little too concerned with how other people should be behaving.
    If the Thais really don't find what she's doing to be acceptable, then they'll figure out a way to let her know.