1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFITS (Bright Future and International Training Services

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by tiredtony, 5 May 2016.

1. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Good advice and that's where it starts as you the individual. Some teachers I have met over the years cannot do this. I get up of a morning some times with personal problems, sometimes large of late, sometimes small, some mornings I just want to say stuff it and not go, but I still do go. But once I'm there 'game face on' and this is so important as the kids will pick up on it if you are in a mood and that is also unfair on them ...its not their fault if you are eh.

As for who you work for, agency or direct, not all are good to work for. In my case I don't really like the direct people I work for as they come out with some quite silly shit at times and I feel that they are indifferent as to whether I stay or go ...but 11 plus years on and I'm still there.

In this case its like any other job. Many do not like their bosses but the pay and conditions are good ....getting on with it starts with you and your attitude towards the job ...you the employee.

2. MGHines

MGHines Member

Gungchang, I would like to say yes but it is toss up with the work permit and the school. Age is relevant to me. I have seen some old timers that can teach circles around the younger ones who can't seem to pull themselves out of bed or even feign interest in the classroom.

Some schools/immigration have no problem while others start to quote mandatory retirement age. For some schools, it is not an issue one year until there is a Thai teacher being "asked" to retire who will point at others and ask why they are working past the retirement age.

The rules are different from region to region (surprise, surprise) and year to year and even from school to school. For example, I have teachers in one area that are required to go take a blood test and wait for the results to bring them back to immigration before they will get the stamp.