1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFITS (Bright Future and International Training Services

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by tiredtony, 5 May 2016.

1. tiredtony

tiredtony Thread Starter Well-Known Member

They seem to know what they're at. Anyone had any experience with them?

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I think one of the best agencies in Thailand. The founder and owner is member of Thailand Teaching.

Wangsuda likes this.
  3. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

I've been with them for ... what ... starting my 13th year now. It's worked for me. I hope to get eight more years with BFITS, and retire with slightly more than 20 years with them.

Stamp likes this.
  4. Ajarn Greg

Ajarn Greg Well-Known Member

Being negative with all agencies have to admit that this company is a reputable one. Have never listened complains about them.

5. In4Pence

In4Pence New Member

Never again. None of the other teachers were any happier, just more desperate.

NO

PS watch this post disappear, guaranteed.

6. gungchang

gungchang Over the hill for at least the 6th time!

I'd like to return when I return from China. Buriram beckons, seeing as how that's my wife's home province.

Of course, there's my age, but I would think that having a renewed teaching license should count for something.

7. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

What makes you say that, this forum has always been well balanced?

8. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.jpg
    :hilarious:cheers

9. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

At least you've edited your original post. :smiling

:welcome2

10. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Had an ex-colleague work for Bfits a few years ago, he was unhappy with them and moved on after 18 months. But Wang seems good with it. It never works out for everyone eh ....take a leap Tony if you can.

Wangsuda likes this.
  11. MGHines

MGHines Member

Having worked at BFITS so very, very long :smile (nothing bad about BFITS...just feeling my age)...and having known Wangsuda almost as long (we have watched each other expand at the waist and contract at the hairline), I give the same advice to everyone:

Not every job is right for you. Don't be afraid to ask questions, visit the schools and talk to other teachers or sit in on a class, take a test run to see what the commute is like. This is good advice for anyone looking at any job. Also, some people don't like working for agencies or using recruiters...and some don't like working directly for schools without a support mechanism. Remember to ask yourself what is important in your position. What is it that you need? Never take a job that you know you don't really want.

Finally, teaching is NOT for everyone. It is hard work and can sometimes wear you down with the constant preparation, continual grading, never-ending school activities and what I call being "constantly on" like you are onstage every day...but then the little rascals actually get it and you see the light bulb go off...then it all seems ok again.

Not being honest about what you want or doing some research yourself (asking questions, etc.)...or not really understanding what teaching really means, is why there are so many disillusioned teachers in Thailand (and China, and Korea, and..and...) screaming at the wind...but like they say "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" so simply judge for yourself and you will make the right choice.

Best of luck.

Buoyant, Gor Blimey Guvnur! and Stamp like this.
  12. gungchang

gungchang Over the hill for at least the 6th time!

Thank you, MG.

So, would an over-60 with a verified degree and CELTA and a renewed KSP license be considered for a position in his wife's home province?

13. tiredtony

I like the bit about being in the sticks and making 38+. I'd really like to be in Si Saket near my mother in law's place.
    I hate everything about where I am right now apart from the 55K+ a month.

Stamp and sirchai like this.
  14. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

But only if they have at least two buffaloes.
    And the morning news will wake you up at 6.15....:cool

15. tiredtony

I get woken up at 5am in Bangkok by the idiots shouting at each other outside.

sirchai likes this.