1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barking Mad

Discussion in 'Pets: Our Best Companions' started by crew, 2 Apr 2011.

1. crew

crew Thread Starter Faber College Member

No, not crazy...pissed off.

How long does a caged dog need to bark before its owner lets it out?
    How long does a hungry dog need to bark before it gets fed?
    How long does a neighborhood dog need to constantly bark before the neighbors say something to the jackass owner?
    How long must a nation of dog lovers need to own dogs before the lovers learn how to care for their dogs?
    How long before I lose it, go out to buy 1,000mg of Xanex, crush the pills up, mix the powder in with some ground beef, feed the neighborhood dogs, get caught and end up incarcerated after getting the beat down from my neighbors?

I'm currently contemplating an experiment: parking my car in the middle of the road and intermittently beeping the horn for as long as it takes to piss someone off. I guarantee it'll take a fraction of the time it takes the dog owners around me to know their mutt is barking.

The dog owners across the street don't even live in the house. They live somewhere else and come once a day to feed their two yelp machines. The dog owners two doors down leave their miniature collie in a miniature cage ALL DAY LONG!!! The two dog owners further down the street have to keep their huge dogs in their tiny driveways for fear that the dogs will rip passerbys' heads off.

Paints a nice picture doesn't it?

2. Chainfish

Chainfish New Member

Welcome to Thailand. :wink2:

We had a regular problem with dogs in the soi that would be let out in the evening and then come and crap right outside our gate.

I like dogs, but was ready to run out with my cleaver and do one in if I could catch it... Eventually we solved it by collecting the poo and redepositing it in the soi outside various owner's houses. One came out and a healthy discussion ensued, protestations of innocence, 'my dogs would never...' etc; ending when my (normally polite) wife told her to 'shut up'. Since then have very rarely had the same problem.

Doing the Xanex thing - as long as you don't get caught - is just about worth considering. Or sneak over and just let the two yelp machines out. Every day.

Your Thai neighbours probably feel like you do... maybe talk to them and all approach the absentee dog owners?

3. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

Crew - antifreeze works wonders.

4. crew

^^ a very level-headed approach to my momentary lapse of reason. :thumbsup2:

i used to do that at an old place of mine. the owners repeatedly said they'd look for the poop and never did. they always left their garage door open a crack so the dogs could going in and out all day. eventually the droppings got flung into the garage but that didn't even help.

if it we're to kill them, i couldn't do it. if i could find out how much they need just for some long naps and to chill out, well then perhaps i'll pop down to the local naughty pharmacy (25 baht a pill).

we've done so with one set. their solution: they wanted to take the dogs in as their own. nooooooooooooo......

perhaps a midnight run up to the very north of the island with the yelp machines, let 'em out and never look back. :doglol:

either that, or start looking for rental in the muslim neighborhoods. at least the mosques sound off only five times a day and you know exactly when it's gonna happen.

5. crew

as much as i think about it, i never could. i'd have nightmares for the rest of my life.

6. Wangsuda

So I guess the antifreeze idea is out of the question?

7. crew

yep. i can be an asshole but even i have my limits.

8. THX 1133

THX 1133 Active Member

Woof!

9. crew

careful pal or you're gonna get the xanex. :grin:

10. Wangsuda

woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof! Now medicate me!:hilarious:

11. THX 1133

THX 1133 Active Member

Oh no! Not the Zanex! I can't bring myself to poison either. :thumbsup2:

12. crew

sounds like you're going to need a muzzle and an anal application of meds. hold still...

part of me wishes i could. where's jonny danger when you need him. if you believe him, it sounds like he's put a few down.

13. THX 1133

THX 1133 Active Member

^ Oh the tales I could tell you; living in the boonies, one had to do the most distasteful things when involved with livestock. Never again; vegetables are very passive and very rewarding; especially certain forms of herbs. But then that's another story for another time......