1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Bait and switch??

Discussion in 'Staffroom' started by Templeton, 24 Nov 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that's insane. Even 26 contact hours is way too much for this amount of money.

I hope that you're a good poker player and let them know how you feel about it.

31 contact hours per week? That's six hours every day, dude. What about the time for preparation, checking, etc?

Just say no to more hours, even when they let you go. You'll never be able to deliver good lessons considering the huge amount of hours.

A job like that easily wears you out in a short period of time. Just say no.

And not even having a work permit shows that you'll never have SS insurance.

2. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

So, in order to get his overtime restored to B400, the OP should fly to bkk, arrange a hotel, pay for transport to the Federal Police (whatever that is), pose for a selfie at said office (with who? a secretary? a security guard?), post said adventure on FB, alert his school admin of the post, fly back to his school and...? This whirligig of activity isn't justified by the amount involved. The poster has already received less dramatic (and more practical) advice; your ninja revenge example seems suitable for impressing friends, but not for resolving the breach of contract.

stfranalum likes this.
  3. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

There were no friends to impress because they had already quit. In my case, it was a lot of money, 30,000 Baht. But that is not the point. The point was simply right and wrong, and honesty. If you go to the local police, nothing will happen. I am not telling anyone to do the kind of stuff I did, but I am saying that one can fight.

In the writer's case, they want to take his money and make him work more. Once they take a little, more will be taken in one way or another. Moreover, it is insulting. There is a right way to resolve the issue, and it is up to him to find it. Simply writing on Facebook was enough to ruffle some feathers, especially when one of my friends is a Thai MP.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2016
  4. stfranalum

stfranalum Well-Known Member

this is how one lives happily in thailand

DavidUSA likes this.
  5. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

Right. Next time I will try it.

6. Clown

Clown Well-Known Member

Chapter 1, page 1 or the directors' rule book. Like promising a salary, then welching out...

7. Clown

Clown Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is a fight you cannot win. OTOH, make sure to choose a town where you actually get extra work, ifr you want it.