1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Asian College of Teachers?

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by dannyboi, 18 Feb 2017.

1. dannyboi

dannyboi Thread Starter New Member

Hi guys,

I was looking to take take a tefl course with the ACT, but I have a few concerns about them. For example the in house tefl course they provide is for 3 weeks, whilst most other full time tefl courses with other providers are 4 weeks long. Also, they state on their website that they are accredited by Pebble Hills University, which I think is not a real university.

So I was just wondering if you guys had heard about them and whether I can trust them and take the course with them?

Thanks

2. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

I think your answer is the second from the bottom.
    pebble hills.jpg

3. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

There is even a Nigerian Pebbles university which seems to be the creme' de la' creme.

The ACT seems to be an Indian company and I'd be very careful.

Just do the math, please. Such an "organization" states on their website that they are accredited by a fraudulent university.

Google is your best friend.

4. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

There was one, whose name I have forgotten, that was being run out of an apartment in Pakistan and it had links to terrorism, according to the FBI. (I know a guy who presented his "degree" from there, in order to get a job in Thailand.) That "university" changes its name a lot, and it is known for granting an MA to a dog.

Dannyboi is right to be asking questions.

5. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

There is no need to work hard or study day and night to become a judge, doctor, engineer, police officer, journalist, professor, pilot, etc. Not only are degrees now easily available, they can also be authenticated on the payment of money. You can even get the US State Department’s and the US Secretary of State’s letters by paying some more money. Most importantly, you need not to go anywhere for the purpose; everything is available here in Pakistan. Just contact Axact.

Fake degree business — Pak company | Top Story | thenews.com.pk

6. dannyboi

dannyboi Thread Starter New Member

thx guys, I was wary when I looked it up, I did search google for who they are accredited by and they all looked dodgy, so I then came here for ur feedback. I think I will avoid these guys.

sirchai likes this.